Receive New Job Alerts
Our sole purpose as a company is to make it easy for people to turn what they eat and drink into personal moments of healthy joy without recklessly taxing the planet’s resources in the process.
Oatly was founded back in the 1990s and is based on Swedish research from Lund University. The company’s patented enzyme technology copies nature’s own process and turns fiber rich oats into nutritional liquid food that is perfectly designed for humans.
Today, the Swedish company remains independent and dedicated to upgrading the lives of individuals and the general well being of the planet through a lineup of original oat drinks.
The company operates out of the southern region of Sweden with Headquarters in Malmö and our Production & Development Center situated in Landskrona. The Oatly brand is available in more than 20 countries throughout Europe and Asia.
Currently in the UK, we play across 5 retail categories with distribution across all the major grocers. 2020 will see the brand deliver >£100 Million in retail value sales, growing >100% YoY. We have consistently demonstrated the strength of our brand & products by adding category value & disproportionately winning market share. Oatly is challenging, disrupting and making a positive impact on the UK Plant-Based landscape…however we have world class ambitions & we are only just getting started!
We now need to add someone to our growing Grocery team, who will take responsibility for 40% of the Oatly UK Grocery business, approx. £70 Million worth of turnover forecasted in 2021. To take the business to another level & deliver on Oatly’s mission to help people live happier, healthier, sustainable lives, you’ll need to envision your business behind game changing NPD, unlock white space opportunities & continue to build strong, trusting multifunctional relationships across all your accounts.
This is a role that will require the detail to manage but the leadership to evolve.
- Build & cultivate strong, trusting multifunctional relationships both internally & externally
- Develop & execute exceptional customer joint business plans that help deliver against the company’s targets, goals and objectives
- Plan, negotiate & execute game changing NPD launches with sustainable long-term commercial agreements in place.
- Drive trial & awareness of the Oatly portfolio by securing increased nationwide distribution & leveraging trade marketing resource
- Show determination and creativity to seek out white space opportunities in existing and new business
- Provide regular accurate commercial & volume forecasts to the business
- Demonstrate tenacity & resourcefulness to acquire the tools & information to deliver on your key objectives
- Become an expert on the category + shopper, levering consumer & market insights to build both external & internal capability.
- Deliver stellar results on, or under budget, track performance and be a fantastic steward of company resources
- Collaborate, motivate & learn from the wider Oatly team in the UK & Sweden
- Desire to constantly upgrade yourself and those around you
- Get in the game, challenge the norm & be fearless
- Minimum 5yrs commercial experience within either FMCG/Retail/SME/F&B
- Strong commercial & financial acumen with demonstrable experienced in retailer JBPs & P&Ls
- Talented negotiator with proven success behind NPD, CPIs & JBPs
- Exceptional communicator & relationship builder
- You are engaged with our brand and you love our products
- You feel connected to our mission of encouraging health, sustainability, and transparency
- You are a self-starter who does not need direct supervision to motivate you for success – we believe strongly in building a culture of individual accountability and ownership and need partners that can embrace that mentality
- You are ready to make your mark in a smaller, growing brand leveraging your experience to deliver amazing results and build an outstanding company
- You have entrepreneurial spirit, in that you are comfortable with ambiguity and are energized by the process of building something lasting from the ground up
- You enjoy sharing your quirkiness and talents with your coworkers
Another bulleted list felt redundant, so we wrote this long sentence with all the ways we sweeten the deal to work with us, like providing 25 days of holiday (+bank holidays), really great benefits with health insurance, an epic office space in Shoreditch, genuinely great coworkers who want to see the company and each other succeed, a start-up vibe with an established company history, and a fridge full of the best plant based alternative in the world for your enjoyment.