Receive New Job Alerts
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game experience that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny sands of Long Beach, California in 2014, we’ve grown to over 350 (and counting!) Watopians - that’s what we call our employees - and we have people in New York, Tokyo, Australia, Rio de Janeiro, and London. Together, we are disrupting the fitness industry!
If you’re looking for an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team, Zwift is just that. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops and game nights. And, our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel brings you daily fuzzy, furry, heartwarming paws and noses straight to your screen. You'll be surrounded by awe inspiring people in our brand new playful and colorful office environment. That being said, we don't want you to be intimidated by the former Olympians, pro cyclists, and other amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Even if you're at the very beginning of your fitness journey, there is a place for you here! Who knows, you may surprise yourself and complete your first triathlon if you hang out with us for too long.
The Senior GSM ME will be a key member in supporting Zwift’s new product development and mass production supply chain. We are seeking a motivated and experienced Sourcing resource to play a critical role in our fast-growing, non-traditional, technology company.
In this role, you will be responsible for identifying supplier candidates, developing relationships with strategic suppliers, owning the supplier qualification process, and acting as the primary liaison between Zwift and our partners. You will be responsible for actively sourcing mechanical components and/or solutions for our product roadmap. You will work closely with external suppliers, internal team members and capable of building relationships and driving performance.
Strong and effective communications skills are required as you inform the team about strategic sourcing projects and providing them with a comprehensive project status report. Your support will be continuous towards improving initiatives supporting the business unit’s overall performance to objectives and goals.
Since we are designing and developing ground-breaking FitTech technologies that are paving the way in gaming and fitness, knowledge of sourcing suppliers, obtaining samples, and quotes for an Engineering department is crucial.
You will also be responsible to support vendor strategies, identifying and developing strategically important suppliers. Assist with the location and development of suppliers domestically and in low-cost regions, and engage suppliers in projects to improve quality, lead time, and price/terms.
You will also research new packaging innovations/technology and recommend cost saving opportunities, develop efficient tracking tools and comprehensive spend reports for senior management.
- Establish a foundation of best-practice and scalable procurement strategies, processes, systems, and visibility to support a lean and agile supply chain
- Establish and improve relationships with existing and new suppliers to reduce cost, improve quality and responsiveness
- Lead the technical requirements evaluation of new and existing supplier products and materials, interfacing with engineering and the CTO
- Define and implement target number of approved sources, geography optimization, allocation splits and sole-sourcing strategies and tactics
- Perform supplier risk analysis, site audits and capability assessment
- Lead continuous materials improvement activities to reduce total costs by researching options, providing best solutions, and promoting DFM activities/feedback by suppliers
- Identify and/or support initiatives to improve material flow, evaluate capacity and manage material obsolescence
- Own executive BOM COG reviews and establish and achieve cost down targets
- Perform cost analyses for make/buy decisions
- Work closely with the quality and engineering teams for implementation of quality processes and procedures
- Support the purchasing operation and assist as needed with supplier de-commits and pull-in requests
- Support development engineering lifecycle, mass production ramp, sustaining and end-of-life vendor-related activities
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree; particular interest in Supply Chain, Manufacturing, or Engineering disciplines
- 5 years recent component or materials sourcing and vendor management experience
- Experience in sourcing products within mechanical categories i.e. Injection moulding, Forging, Welding, Motors, Batteries, Power Supplies, Electrical Mechanical etc.
- Experience working with a supplier base in the Far East
- Experience in working for North America-based companies with global teams and vendors
- Experience in leading teams preferred (while this role is initially an individual contributor role, the sourcing team will require more resources as the company grows)
- Strong stakeholder management skills, able to demonstrate examples of strategic collaboration with internal and external teams to deliver projects
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of work instructions, electrical, and mechanical specifications, and contract review
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing and supply chain concepts and their applications
- Demonstrated ability to build and leverage partnerships
- Results driven attitude
- Self-managed and motivated to succeed
- Willing to travel to Asia to meet suppliers once restrictions have lifted
Some reasons we think you will love it here:
We are an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops, game nights, and our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel. You'll be surrounded by awe-inspiring people, even in your remote work setting. Although there are amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Whether you’re a current Zwifter, at the beginning of your fitness journey, or neither one of these, there is a place for you here. Different perspectives are important, they allow us to continually grow and evolve - One Zwift for All!
Did we mention that we encourage you to workout while you work from home? Zwift, run, yoga….we’re in!
How we’re handling Covid-19:
We are beyond grateful to continue to grow as a company during this unusual time. Our #1 priority is ensure the health, safety, and sanity of our current and future Watopians. We want to share with you what we’re doing and what you can expect.
Since March, all of our Watopians have been working remotely and will continue to do so until we know it is safe to collaborate in person again. As you go through the virtual interview process, don't be alarmed if children or pets make a guest appearance. We won't think twice if we get to meet any members of your family. If we are fortunate to welcome you to the team, we will get you all the necessary equipment, hardware, and furniture needed to get you ergonomically set up and productive at home.
Work From Home (WFH) life can be challenging in many ways. We have and will continue to take steps that ease some of the burden for our Watopians including:
- Monthly stipends to help offset additional expenses incurred with WFH.
- Access to mental health & wellness resources including headspace, unmind, and Spring Health.
- We care about you as our candidate too, so let your Talent Engagement Partner know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly. We are in this together and always looking for ways to enhance our new interview experience.
We care about you as our candidate too, so let your Talent Engagement Partner know if there’s anything we can do to make your interview process go more smoothly. We are in this together and always looking for ways to enhance our new interview experience.