Receive New Job Alerts
Zwift is the fitness company born from gaming, and we’re on a mission to make more people, more active, more often. The Zwift platform delivers an at-home training game experience that connects cyclists and runners in over 195 countries and counting! Launched from the sunny sands of Long Beach, California in 2014, we’ve grown to over 350 (and counting!) Watopians - that’s what we call our employees - and we have people in New York, Tokyo, Australia, Rio de Janeiro, and London. Together, we are disrupting the fitness industry!
If you’re looking for an encouraging, innovative, and passionate team, Zwift is just that. We like bikes. We like running. We also like local ice cream shops and game nights. And, our "Pets of Zwift" Slack channel brings you daily fuzzy, furry, heartwarming paws and noses straight to your screen. You'll be surrounded by awe inspiring people in our brand new playful and colorful office environment. That being said, we don't want you to be intimidated by the former Olympians, pro cyclists, and other amazing athletes that work here; our team consists of people from all walks of life. Even if you're at the very beginning of your fitness journey, there is a place for you here! Who knows, you may surprise yourself and complete your first triathlon if you hang out with us for too long.
We are seeking an NPI Materials Manager (UK) to support the company’s global planning and purchasing strategy that enables a world-class launch of new products with aggressive time to market targets. The qualified individual will be responsible for tracking ongoing statuses and costs for sourcing, BOM, and tooling development as well as providing operations schedules at program team meetings.
This key contributor will be the go-to individual for all raw material statuses. Working in conjunction with Operations Management and program team members, the NPI Materials Manager is responsible for issuing supplier purchase orders, tracking delivery schedules, and ensuring timely delivery of materials needed for each phase of NPI launch and initial Mass Production delivery.
In this role, you are the focal point between Engineering, Product teams, Program Managers, Global Sourcing Managers (GSM), Contract Manufacturers (CM) Material Managers and CM Sourcing teams to ensure NPI material readiness in a rapidly changing and high growth environment. We value the ability to collaborate, learn and provide the freedom necessary for each person to do their work, with the expectation that we will get high performance in return.
New Product Materials Readiness
- Facilitates material readiness meetings with GSMs and other key stakeholders to ensure that we understand suppliers, supplier location, part numbers, sourcing strategies, lead-times, etc.
- Consolidates the data, places orders and/or ensures that the CM has information in time for order placement.
- Works closely with GSM and key stakeholders to define and implement any specific supply chain strategies associated with this new product.
- Works closely with Suppliers & CM to develop and execute process, material control systems and visibility. Reviews materials metrics for consistency and provides consolidated information to management.
CTB (Clear to Build)
- Manages the CTB process with Suppliers, ensures that the process is working smoothly and that we have clear visibility on issues & risks.
- Works with Suppliers, CM and the GSMs on all identified material issues until issues get closed/resolved.
- Establishes and monitors processes that will ensure timely and accurate creation of BOM and required design documentation to support revisions/deviations.
- Manages on-time delivery of NPI Materials for all builds from prototype through launch.
- Coordinate with the GSM and Logistics group to identify, document, and communicate logistics flow for critical and long lead custom components and complex supply chains.
- Ensure the smooth flow of materials necessary to meet production schedules.
- Works with Planning and GSM team to define and document supplier splits, facilitates supply availability while maximizing profitability.
- Ensures team is executing to sourcing plan and proper supplier split.
- Product cost management, targeting, tracking, and presentation from concept to Launch. Highlight cost saving, avoidance, and reduction opportunities by working with Product Management, Engineering and GSMs from prototype through launch.
- Perform trade off analysis, present options and their impact on product cost to executive management.
- Ensure BOM and costing information are always up to date.
- 5+ years’ experience in Product Development Procurement support working with Global Suppliers and Tier 1 Contract Manufacturers
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, Mathematics, Manufacturing, Engineering or related discipline
- Must have proven experience working with virtual/remote teams.
- Must be flexible with work schedule to accommodate global team interface.
- Excellent skills using Microsoft project, Power Point, Excel, and Word
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- NetSuite ERP experience a plus
- Sourcing experience a plus
- Consumer Electronics manufacturing-based experience a plus
- Your data is organized, accurate and drives critical business decisions.
- Your peers seek you for guidance because you think through every detail.
- You possess excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills and demonstrate self-motivation to determine the appropriate planning, inventory, and supplier strategies.
- You are exceptional in communicating cross-functionally, and you understand how your work impacts other functions.
- You deliver results because you empathize with others’ needs and create win/win outcomes.