Receive New Job Alerts
We are combining science, large scale data and machine learning to tell you what to eat based on your unique metabolism. We’re leading the world’s largest ongoing nutritional research project in collaboration with scientists from leading universities including Harvard, King's College London, Massachusetts General Hospital, Oxford and Stanford.
We are a well-funded start-up based in London and Boston, and are backed by founders, investors and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. Join us in tackling wide-ranging technical challenges from DNA analysis, to machine learning, to building apps and products for millions of users.
We are looking for a Product/User Researcher experienced in mixed-methods research to join our team.
This is a very exciting time to join the team. We recently launched in the US and we’ll be soon coming to the UK too. You’ll be able to shape and inform big changes to a cutting edge product that can transform the lives of millions of people.
As our first Product/User Researcher you’ll join the team and use data and insights to help us drive and support evidence-based design and product decisions. Above all, your work will positively impact millions of people including their relationship with food and helping them to achieve their health goals.
- Turn open questions and ambiguities into formal research studies that provide partner teams with meaningful and actionable insights.
- Collaborate with PM’s, Designers, Data Scientists and Marketing to define research problems or discovery areas.
- Conduct a wide variety of mixed-method research studies, from 1:1 interviews to large-scale surveys and everything in between.
- Deliver and communicate compelling and timely insights and recommendations to our product and design teams and across ZOE to inform road maps and guide our strategy.
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions.
- Empower product teams and others in the organisation by involving them in research and bringing them closer to the customer.
- Champion research and customer-focus at ZOE, help evolve the discipline and build the tools and processes that will enable us to scale our growing business.
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods user research practice.
- Take a holistic view of our understanding of our users and their behaviour, and proactively identify gaps and opportunities for new research.
- Establish and maintain a culture of rigour and data curiosity to drive tangible business impact.
- You have extensive research experience working with product teams in consumer-focused companies (4+ years) and delivering impact at a strategy level through the impact of multiple projects.
- You are comfortable planning, scoping, conducting, analysing and communicating research.
- You are a specialist in a wide range of methods, to a high standard of rigour and definitely proficient in mixed-methods research
- You have broad experience of qualitative research methods.
- You are experienced with quantitative research methods, comfortable with metrics and A/B tests.
- An understanding of the Jobs to Be Done framework is preferred.
- You’ve got exceptional synthesis skills, able to distill compelling insights from quantitative data and qualitative user research.
- You are a remarkable storyteller and communicator.
- You are able to communicate insights fluently, to different teams and stakeholders, with a focus on driving impact.
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment, but you are also able to execute with autonomy.
- You are a highly motivated and flexible individual with the ability to lead cross-functional teams and drive projects to successful and timely delivery.
- You are proactive.
- You’ve got a proven track record of initiating and delivering actionable analysis and insights that drives tangible impact with minimal supervision.
- You have a strong growth mindset and sense of ownership.
- You are curious, hungry to get to the essence and willing to challenge your own assumptions.
- Most importantly, you’ve got a passion for your craft and a passion for building amazing products, not just conducting research
- The role is ideally in the US or the UK and can be remote
- The opportunity to bring to life and scale a revolutionary and life-changing product that can help the planet be healthier based on cutting edge science.
- Competitive salary. We believe that A++ talent is what makes businesses succeed. We benchmark our salaries so we can pay for the top people in the top range vs companies of similar size and stage. And get them to work with other A++ people.
- Be and act as an owner. Everyone at ZOE gets stock options. You'll be meaningfully rewarded with stock options so you can benefit by making ZOE a success.
- An exciting early-stage start-up environment with great culture, without the funding worries, and a world class multidisciplinary team, with world-leading scientists and top advisors.
- Check out all the benefits in our careers page for both our UK and US benefits