Receive New Job Alerts
We are combining science, large scale data and machine learning to tell you what to eat based on your unique metabolism. We’re leading the world’s largest ongoing nutritional research project in collaboration with scientists from leading universities including Harvard, King's College London, Massachusetts General Hospital, Oxford and Stanford.
We are a well-funded start-up based in London and Boston, and are backed by founders, investors and entrepreneurs who have built multi-billion dollar technology companies. Join us in tackling wide-ranging technical challenges from DNA analysis, to machine learning, to building apps and products for millions of users.
This full-time, 12 month fixed-term Senior Designer/Videographer role is a critical to the ZOE COVID Symptom Study’s success, taking the lead on visually communicating our science to policy makers, interest groups and the general public through all channels.
You’ll have a passion for making the complex simple and a flair for making beautiful visual assets both moving and static. Experienced across social media, web and app, you’ll create consistent branded assets that attract interest and communicate important scientific information.
This is a Start-up environment and we’re still a small team. You’re comfortable taking the lead on everything from optimising webinar presentations to designing web pages, creating Instagram Stories, and creating motion graphics for video content.
- Produce attractive, engaging graphic elements for web, app, and social media channels with consistent brand style
- Create illustrations and motion graphics for video
- Lead the visual evolution of the Brand, including developing concepts for logos, colourways and use of graphic devices across all channels
- Visually communicate our science to stakeholders, interest groups, policy makers by optimising data science outputs for public consumption through webinars, reports, videos and blogs
- Support website development with front-end design concepts, page layouts and interactive elements
- Optimise visual layouts of presentations including slides, webinars and reports
- Visual design with a strong foundation in typography, visual design and illustration and motion graphics design
- An outstanding portfolio, showcasing strong process and beautiful work
- Considerable experience designing for B2C products across multiple channels and platforms
- Considerable experience working in a multidisciplinary environment (with product managers, engineers and marketing)
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge on platform/channel guidelines and best practices
- Experience with a variety of design tools (experience with Adobe, Figma and Webflow a bonus!)
- Ability to move fast, get things done and make stuff happen, working in a close-knit team
- Most importantly, passion for your craft and the Covid-fighting cause!
- An exciting early-stage start-up environment with great culture, without the funding worries, and a world class multidisciplinary team.
- Check out all the benefits in our careers page.
If this sounds like what you’d love to be working on, we can’t wait to hear from you! If you’re not sure that you exactly fit the above requirement, get in touch anyway. Ability and attitude is just as important as experience.