Receive New Job Alerts
Our vision is simple: to help a billion people find their health through self-care.
Health is the single most important part of everybody’s life. It defines the quality of our existence and that of our loved ones. Good health is what we strive for, while loss of independence due to ill-health is often what we fear the most.
The status of our health sets the mood for our day. When we feel great we are unstoppable, but when we don’t, it can feel like the world is closing in around us.
Health is everything
And yet health has never been more difficult to find. Search engines give us three million responses rather than one, doctors are under increasing pressure, waiting lists are getting longer, and our expectations grow by the day.
But the answer is simple: self-care.
This is where Your.MD comes in, by helping anyone, anywhere find safe and personalised information, guidance and support for their health.
Your.MD is now looking for an experienced sub-editor to join its ambitious team. They will report to the Head of Content Innovation and Operations. This newly-created role will be responsible for sub-editing/proof reading every word produced by our content, marketing and product teams. You will also build a small team of sub-editors and help to mentor our junior writing staff. This will also include the challenge of managing sub-editors working with Spanish and Hindu content.
Ideally you will be an experienced magazine or newspaper sub-editor.
You will be the guardian of quality and consistency across all of Your.MD’s service and platforms.
At Your.MD, we believe everyone should have the information they need to look after their health. Five years ago, we brought together doctors, data-scientists and digital experts to create a new type of health app, Healthily. A place for anyone in the world to find personalised, medically-approved guidance, tools and support to help them feel better and stay healthy.
Millions of downloads later, Healthily is the first app approved as a medical device (Class 1), on our way to our goal: helping one billion people find their health.
Backed by philanthropists and major corporations, our team is now 80-strong and growing, as we find new ways to bring informed self-care to all, especially in the era of coronavirus.
This is a full-time in-house role. If you join us, you’ll get to:
- Meticulously edit (structural and copy editing) and fact-check all content in preparation for publication on our website and app
- Sign-off medically-accurate and SEO-friendly editorial content for our app, website and social media channels.
- Police the tone of voice of our product and marketing material.
- Work closely with our in-house medical team to ensure the safety and quality of everything we publish
- Proofread all copy and messaging, ensuring that it adheres to brand and quality guidelines
- Source appropriate imagery to accompany copy and disseminate content in a timely manner on the website and via key social media channels
- Work as part of a dynamic team and carve your own space within a fluid working environment
Ideally, you will have some or all of the following:
- You are a master of the English language, obsessed with spelling and grammar but you also embrace new ways of using the language
- 5-10 years’ proven sub-editing experience in an environment like a magazine, newspaper or content heavy website.
- Advanced degree in English, journalism (including NCTJ qualification), life sciences, or any healthcare-related field
- A good understanding of health/medical concepts and conditions
- A self-motivated, pragmatic and innovative team-player
- An understanding of UI/UX and experience working with product designers and developers
- Curiosity fuels your creativity: you enjoy figuring out how/what in your copy works or doesn’t and use that to craft even better messages
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- A keen desire to help others through your work
- Participate in the burgeoning digital health industry
- Work at the forefront of artificial intelligence (AI) development
- The opportunity for personal and professional development in an open environment where ideas and opinions are encouraged
- A remuneration package including stock options, gym contribution, and other benefits