Receive New Job Alerts
About VITAL Climbing Gym
At Vital Climbing Gym, we believe in bringing health to the body and the mind. Typical gym equipment locks you into repetitive motions, going nowhere on treadmills and elliptical machines. Weights move back and fourth, back and fourth, locked onto steel tracks, and muscles become dumb and strong. We are sick of it. We want exercise that teaches us something new- that challenges the mind and the body. We believe that exercise should make people strong, dynamic, flexible, and able to overcome obstacles in the real world.
Yoga Instructors are dynamic, interesting and responsible, and are thrilled to take advantage of all the amenities that the gym has to offer. They are active participants in the community as a whole, and knowledgeable of VITAL’s programs outside of yoga. They arrive early to class to connect with students and stay late to hear feedback and care for the studio space.
VITAL instructors teach a creative, alignment-based, athletic yoga sequencing model. The model focuses on building strength, endurance and flexibility, while leaving space for freedom of expression and adapting to the students in the room. Teachers confidently instruct students on the correct use of props whenever necessary. Teachers use playlists with songs that do not distract from the practice, but rather energize the students and encourage moving meditation.
VITAL offers a variety of yoga classes that encourage the discipline of a strong physical practice and rehabilitation for athletes. While instructors may be inspired by esoteric yogic wisdom, VITAL teachers deliver their classes in terms that are scientifically viable, and understandable to the public.
- Maintain at least one permanent class on the weekly schedule
- Lead exciting, challenging, alignment-based classes that cater to the people in the room
- Maintain the cleanliness and order of the studio by building a culture of responsibility in our students and organizing the studio at the end of all classes. Must be willing to mop, refill cleaner, organize props, etc.
- Notify the Yoga Lead two weeks in advance of any class that must be missed, and find a sub for any such classes
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with members
- Foster a fun and uplifting community
- Willing to work early mornings and/or weekends
- Must be active on sub list and sub at least once/month
- RYT-200 Yoga Certification, or a minimum 3 years professional teaching experience
- A current CPR/AED certification
- Ability to work independently and self-motivated
- A desire to be part of our community and spend time at the gym, learning about and participating in our other programs
- Previous experience with MBO a plus
- Knowledge of climbing is an added bonus
- Structured wage increases every 6 months
- Health insurance programs
- Internal incentive programs
- Mental health program
- Employee membership with access to all programs and classes
- Discounts with community partners
- Discounts at the VITAL pro shop