Receive New Job Alerts
About Virgin Active
Virgin Active is a globally recognised exercise brand with over 230 clubs in 8 countries and more than 1.2 million members. As part of the Virgin Group founded by Sir Richard Branson, Virgin Active disrupted the UK fitness industry in 1999 by creating large health clubs offering an unprecedented number of world-class health and fitness products and services all under one roof. We now operate 42 clubs in the UK with an unparalleled collection of iconic locations in London and around the UK.
A global industry leader for two decades, Virgin Active UK continues to innovate by developing a more personalised gym, multi-boutique experience, and purpose to inspire people to live an active life. We’re always on the hunt for unique individuals with bucket loads of talent. If you’ve got what it takes or want to share an idea you think could be great, we’re all ears.
Here at Virgin Active we can’t get enough of inspiring our members to live an active life, delivering amazing fitness experiences and service throughout our clubs. To do this, we are recruiting a Head of Nutrition, to build a sustainable, holistic, industry leading nutrition product for our members.
As our Head of Nutrition, you will write and develop content for an AfN accredited Nutrition Diploma for our commercial academy, as well as scope, design and execute our Nutrition strategy. You will conduct research into the fitness nutrition landscape, as well as develop new partnerships and commercial opportunities, working with our hospitality providers to share the nutritional offering within our club lounges.
You will embed your strategy through the delivery of inspiring and engaging training sessions with our Personal Trainers, and support the commercial academy with the recruitment and development of Nutrition experts.
This is an exciting role within Virgin Active, and we are looking for someone not only with a passion for fitness and nutrition, but a drive to create and embed an exceptional nutrition product.
So what qualities does a Head of Nutrition need to join Virgin Active?
- You have a relevant nutrition qualification, such as being a Registered Nutritionist (RNutr)
- You have excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- You are able to work autonomously and use your own initiative
- You have a passion for sustainable, habitual changes and care inherently about the impact our Nutrition product can have on our member’s lifestyle
- You have the finger on the pulse and knowledgeable of Nutritional psychology
- You have experience in collaborating across multiple departments
- You have experience of design and delivery of Nutrition courses and content
- You have a proved track record in delivering safe, progressive and effective Nutrition based products
- You have high levels of personal motivation and resilience
- You will act as a member of one team with one goal, will always be yourself, and work hard. Most importantly, you dream big
- You are always looking for ways to learn and improve, to inspire people while having fun and doing the right thing
Region: United Kingdom
Contract Type: Permanent
Package: £50,000 per anum
Job Type: Full-time
Contracted Hours: 40 hours
Shift times: Flexible, Monday to Sunday