Receive New Job Alerts
About Virgin Active
Virgin Active is a globally recognised exercise brand with over 230 clubs in 8 countries and more than 1.2 million members. As part of the Virgin Group founded by Sir Richard Branson, Virgin Active disrupted the UK fitness industry in 1999 by creating large health clubs offering an unprecedented number of world-class health and fitness products and services all under one roof. We now operate 42 clubs in the UK with an unparalleled collection of iconic locations in London and around the UK.
A global industry leader for two decades, Virgin Active UK continues to innovate by developing a more personalised gym, multi-boutique experience, and purpose to inspire people to live an active life. We’re always on the hunt for unique individuals with bucket loads of talent. If you’ve got what it takes or want to share an idea you think could be great, we’re all ears.
We’re seeking an inspirational Head Coach who is eager to grow a team of global level PTs in the world’s leading leisure club brand.
Whilst perfecting your coaching skills in an established environment, you’ll also be able to carry on doing what you love; training your clients. You’ll be a reputable coach and dedicated support for your team in club, ready to share your skills and coach your team to reach their full potential.
This role is full time working 32 hours as a Head Coach with an additional 8 hours expectation of delivering uncapped paid premium rate PT.
- Inspire and support the Personal Trainers to be the best in the industry
- Complete leadership of the fitness product and team
- Lead continuous professional development within your team
- Dedicated coaching hours to mentor your team
- Responsible for developing the PT business in club, as well as recruitment and payroll
- Be the image of great member service within the fitness department by providing a high level of customer service and client care to all members.
- Drive financial revenue and profit targets and ensure year on year growth in the club
- Personal Trainer Level 3 or Level 4 qualified
- Experience as a Personal Trainer with a proven track record
- World class leadership skills with a passion for fitness and the industry
- Evidence of continued self-development within fitness
- Ability to develop and coach others
As well as the fantastic rewards all Virgin Active employees receive, by being one of our awesome Head Coaches, you’ll be eligible for:
- Competitive annual salary + performance based bonus with uncapped earning potential
- Employed position; pension, uniform & paid holiday (30 days pro rata) + birthday bonus day off on us!
- Keep your clients and deliver PT sessions paid at a premium rate
- Continued Professional Development (CPD); huge discounts on courses through our partnerships with top industry experts
- Great personal development through our in-house Management Development programme ‘Evolve’. Upon completion, you’ll receive a Level 3 Diploma in
- Management Development accredited by the Institute of Leadership Management.
- Flexible hours, a great work/life balance around you, your clients and your team
- Complimentary gym membership for you & a buddy
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services
- Salary Finance – financial wellbeing
- Employee Assistance Programme