Receive New Job Alerts
About Virgin Active
Virgin Active is a globally recognised exercise brand with over 230 clubs in 8 countries and more than 1.2 million members. As part of the Virgin Group founded by Sir Richard Branson, Virgin Active disrupted the UK fitness industry in 1999 by creating large health clubs offering an unprecedented number of world-class health and fitness products and services all under one roof. We now operate 42 clubs in the UK with an unparalleled collection of iconic locations in London and around the UK.
A global industry leader for two decades, Virgin Active UK continues to innovate by developing a more personalised gym, multi-boutique experience, and purpose to inspire people to live an active life. We’re always on the hunt for unique individuals with bucket loads of talent. If you’ve got what it takes or want to share an idea you think could be great, we’re all ears.
Here at Virgin Active we can’t get enough of inspiring our members to live an active life, delivering amazing fitness experiences and service throughout our clubs. Our People Operations Team play a pivotal role in ensuring that our people are supported in achieving this vision, and we are recruiting an Employee Relations Advisor on a fixed term contract for 6 months.
As an Employee Relations Advisor, you will ensure that our people policies, procedures and standards are applied consistently and equitably throughout the business. You will proactively case manage employee relations activities and provide expert professional advice and guidance on all People issues.
You will support the People Operations team in writing and providing high quality training to support our Heads of Department in club, as well as in our Support Office. You will also support the People Operations Manager in reviewing local processes and procedures with a view to service enhancement and improvement. You will also analyse the monthly operations report and identify any People trends that need Regional People Partner support, and liaising with other People Team departments to ensure we are delivering a high standard employee experience
This is an exciting role within a hardworking and fast-paced team, and suitable for a current Employee Relations Advisor who is looking to enhance their current skills within a forward thinking and exciting business.
- You have knowledge of relevant HR policies and procedures
- You have solid experience in HR, providing complex HR Advice in a multi-disciplinary company
- You have the ability to make independent decisions with sufficient experience and professional knowledge to understand when an issue needs to be escalated or to draw in other team members
- You have case management experience of sickness absence, disciplinary and grievance
- You have knowledge of the principles, tools, techniques and developments in HR management
- You are results focused
- You have the desire to contribute to the development of processes to implement agreed departmental strategy
- You will act as a member of one team with one goal, will always be yourself, and work hard. Most importantly, you dream big
- You are always looking for ways to learn and improve, to inspire people while having fun and doing the right thing
Club: Support Office
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Package: Up to £35,000 per annum
Job Type: Full-time
Contracted Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift times: Monday to Friday, 9am to 5:30pm