Receive New Job Alerts
About Virgin Active
Virgin Active is a globally recognised exercise brand with over 230 clubs in 8 countries and more than 1.2 million members. As part of the Virgin Group founded by Sir Richard Branson, Virgin Active disrupted the UK fitness industry in 1999 by creating large health clubs offering an unprecedented number of world-class health and fitness products and services all under one roof. We now operate 42 clubs in the UK with an unparalleled collection of iconic locations in London and around the UK.
A global industry leader for two decades, Virgin Active UK continues to innovate by developing a more personalised gym, multi-boutique experience, and purpose to inspire people to live an active life. We’re always on the hunt for unique individuals with bucket loads of talent. If you’ve got what it takes or want to share an idea you think could be great, we’re all ears.
Here at Virgin Active we can’t get enough of inspiring our members to live an active life, delivering amazing fitness experiences and service throughout our clubs. We are currently recruiting a DEI and Wellbeing Coordinator to support all of our DEI and wellbeing activities and initiatives.
As a DEI and Wellbeing Coordinator, you will be actively involved in the promotion and implementation of the companies DEI strategy. You will be the first point of contact for any DEI queries, escalating to the Head of Wellbeing as needed. You will coordinate the DEI work streams including meetings and project management. You will also administrate our DEI training.
You will also coordinate the delivery of mental health training, arranging resources and booking training slots. You will develop materials and resources that will actively support and promote the work of the wellbeing strategy. You will also support the Head of Wellbeing with coordination of training sessions, general queries some of which will relate to safeguarding concerns.
This is a brand new and exciting role within a hardworking and fast-paced team, and suitable for someone who is looking to enhance their current skills within a forward thinking and exciting business.
To be successful in the role, previous experience in all areas is not essential, but a passion in working with people and promoting positive wellbeing and inclusion is key. Having imagination, the ability to positively influence, effect and affect change is crucial
- You have experience of supporting people, in a previous job role or through volunteer work
- You have a passion for DEI, someone who embodies our values as a business and wants to drive forward change and inclusive practices
- You have knowledge of mental health and wellbeing, with a compassion and empathy for others
- You have resiliency, aspects of the role will be emotionally challenging at times, for example giving advice and support on mental health concerns
- You have excellent communication skills
- You have good knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- You have the ability to see an opportunity for development and the drive to think of solutions
- You have a solid foundation and understanding of DEI and Wellbeing
- You have strong admin skills and experience, with excellent attention to detail
- You will act as a member of one team with one goal, will always be yourself, and work hard. Most importantly, you dream big
- You are always looking for ways to learn and improve, to inspire people while having fun and doing the right thing
Club: Support Office
Contract Type: Permanent
Package: Up to £25,000 per annum
Job Type: Full-time
Contracted Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift times: Monday to Friday, 9am - 5:30pm