Receive New Job Alerts
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower organisations and employees to measurably improve their mental health. We do this by providing clinically-backed assessments, tools, training, and signposting that anyone within an organisation can use to proactively improve their mental wellbeing. Our digital platform is beautifully designed, non-stigmatising and globally scalable – helping to create healthier, happier, more human organisations around the world.
We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
The Role – Writer and editor
In 2020, Unmind grew from a small 30-person team to a 100-person global organisation with offices in London, Sydney and New York. We have ambitious plans to change the perception of mental health and we still need lots more people to help us achieve them.
That’s why we’re now looking for a creative, skilled writer and editor to help make important and sometimes complicated topics feel simple, human and memorable. You’ll be the custodian of the Unmind tone of voice across all of our user-facing content on the platform, ensuring our expert-created courses and tools aren’t just effective, but delightful and engaging too.
You’ll sit within the Content team and play an important role in helping us move towards our mission of improving the mental wellbeing of many millions of people around the world. You’ll align with our Brand and Comms team, and collaborate with Design, Psychology and our large team of experts to create content that delights, inspires and ultimately helps people live happier healthier lives.
You’ll achieve this by co-creating a content experience that is unmistakably Unmind – one that captures the hearts and minds of our users and keeps them engaged on the platform.
- Own the tone of voice across the Unmind app and platform in line with our brand and style guides.
- Edit and elevate our expert-created mental health courses and exercises, by making scientific and clinical topics feel warm and accessible.
- Create brilliant micro-copy for all content-related user notifications.
- Craft beautiful, engaging emails to support and uplift the users content journey.
- Pen creative pieces such as Unmind Sleep Tales to be brought to life through world-class narration and musical composition.
- Write and edit blogs to educate and inspire our users.
- Share your ideas to help us continually improve the content we produce for our users.
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. So some of the role will be learning as you go, and we hope that’s exactly what you are looking for. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for people who align with the following:
- You have outstanding creative writing and editing skills.
- You have a background of writing digital content and copy for products, ebooks, articles, webpages and emails.
- You are experienced in taking technical or scientific subject matter and turning it into engaging and accessible content for the consumer.
- You are able to collaborate and work cross-functionally to bring out the Unmind tone of voice in all the content we produce.
- You are passionate about storytelling, with a natural flair for connecting with an audience.
- You are comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- You have an autonomous attitude (you do not require (or like) micro-management).
- You have a genuine interest in psychology and wellbeing.
- You have a desire for transforming the narrative around mental health for the better, and generally improving people’s lives.
- You are ready and hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health.
- Great colleagues (personally and professionally)
- Competitive salary
- Personal budgets for L&D and wellbeing initiatives
- Choose your own equipment and setup
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy (inc. adoption)
- Regular company socials and activities
- Optional team walks, runs, tennis, yoga, and mindfulness sessions
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Culture of continuous learning
- Dog-friendly workplace