Receive New Job Alerts
Unmind is a workplace mental health platform. We empower organisations and employees to measurably improve their mental health. We do this by providing clinically-backed assessments, tools, training, and signposting that anyone within an organisation can use to proactively improve their mental wellbeing. Our digital platform is beautifully designed, non-stigmatising and globally scalable – helping to create healthier, happier, more human organisations around the world.
We believe that everyone has the right to a healthy mind – because we all have mental health, all of the time – and we’re striving to create a world where mental health is universally understood, nurtured, and celebrated.
We have a clear vision for content at Unmind: to provide our users with the best mental health content in the world.
We are currently looking to hire a talented and versatile senior motion designer to support us in creating world class content.
The successful candidate will join our growing in-house content creative team in London, bringing our brand to life through our platform and delighting our users. Unmind’s mission is to empower every individual with expert support to improve their mental health, and you will play an active role in helping us to achieve this by creating helpful and meaningful user experiences.
You’ll be working as part of a multi-disciplinary team of creatives including writers and illustrators, working to briefs, evolving our visual storytelling and delighting users. You’ll also collaborate with our brand design team, helping to build, integrate and maintain Unmind’s visual identity in content.
You will deliver outstanding motion and animation work, ensuring that our content is always engaging and effective whilst maintaining quality, consistency, and efficiency.
- Own the use of motion, visual effects and animation in Unmind's content
- Deliver high-quality, innovative work that elevates user experience and engagement across a range of mental health and wellness topics
- Edit video footage and blend high quality effects and elements to enhance our use of motion
- Partner with other members of the content creative team to translate creative vision into compelling motion and animation
- Evolve and iterate on our audio/visual experience, documenting these decisions in our guidelines
- Ensure a coherent end-to-end user journey by following our brand guidelines and reflecting our visual identity in all of your work
- Seek creative solutions towards representing the diversity and humanity of our users
- Understand, challenge and define project briefs from concepts through to post production & delivery
- Provide accurate timing estimations and work towards established project deadlines
- Edit and update work based on feedback, data or testing, preserving consistency with our core brand identity
We firmly believe that no one is the finished article and that there should be learning in every role you do. However, some experience in the following is important for the role.
We're looking for people with:
- A stellar portfolio of motion/animation work, demonstrating your ability to adapt or vary your style to meet client needs
- Strong understanding of visual storytelling – you are able to use motion and animation creatively and sensitively to represent abstract, complex and sometimes challenging concepts
- Experience working to brand guidelines and/or reflecting an existing visual identity
- Experience working to set briefs as part of a creative and/or content team, either in-house or at an agency
- Ability to work across different media, producing motion for use in different content types and at different levels of complexity
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills – this role will require close collaboration with other creatives and brand design team
- A user-first mentality – you are willing to push to ensure that elevating user experience is a priority in everything that you do
- Advanced skills in Adobe CC (particularly after effects and premiere pro)
- Passionate about mental health, tech-for-good, and generally improving people’s lives
- Comfortable working in an environment of rapid growth, constant change, and lots of unknowns.
- Hungry to make Unmind the global category leader of workplace mental health
At Unmind we believe in having a whole person approach and we hope that our benefits enhance the lives of Unminders, helping them be happy, healthy and fulfilled. You can see the full details of our benefits on the careers page, but they include:
To support you throughout everyday life at Unmind
- Private Medical Insurance for you and your family
- Pension | 401(k) | Superannuation
- Global EAP
- Life Insurance
- Unmind Equity scheme
Taking time to celebrate and experience the important moments in life.
- 25 days annual leave plus your birthday day off
- Flexible working, including flexible use of Public Holidays
- Summer Fridays
- Celebration days
- £1,000 annual learning budget with 2 days learning leave
- Gender-neutral parental leave policy and Parental coaching
Ensuring Unminders have access to tools that enrich both their bodies and their minds.
- Monthly ClassPass Subscription
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Regular company socials and wellbeing activities
- Friend and family access to the Unmind platform
- Office perks (free on-site gym, rooftop seating, community events)
- Dog-friendly workplace