Receive New Job Alerts
Tonal has built the world’s most intelligent fitness system that is changing the way people work out at home. Tonal is a fresh approach to fitness that leverages hardware, software, video content, and artificial intelligence. Everyone who has seen or used our product, from professional athletes to fitness enthusiasts, has fallen in love.
At Tonal, we are applying our collective knowledge and creativity to reimagine fitness. We know firsthand that too many hurdles stand between each of us and our fitness goals. Drawing on decades of research and a diverse team of experts, we have created the most advanced strength training system available that makes working out more efficient, effective, and engaging.
We're passionate about building products that transform people's lives.
Tonal is looking for a creative professional, passionate about health and fitness to help create new and innovative products. From concept to directing talent, helping to see a creative vision from “paper” to finished high-quality video.
You will work on a diverse and growing LA-based video production team, focused on inventing brand new forms of production. We focus on innovation, organization and extremely high-quality content, stretching what we’re doing creatively while being extremely detail-oriented along the way.
- Responsible for directing video content shoots in-studio
- Responsible for the creative aspects of pre-production and production
- Direct talent and supporting cast members to get the best performance possible, regardless of talent’s level of “on camera” experience
- Ideation on talent/casting, set designs, lighting and shoot execution
- Develop new formats and creative approaches to video content
- Maintain and extend brand aesthetics and quality standards
- Always willing to push the creative envelope and go the extra mile to create something great
- At least 5-7 years directing video content experience at an agency, brand or broadcaster (in the fitness space a plus, not required)
- Solid experience directing and working with ALL levels of on-camera talent, ranging from unknown talent to celebrity talent, always looking to push the performance envelope
- You are high energy, positive and excited about getting the very best out of everyone you work with
- Experience with “in-studio” production environments
- Expert in generating, presenting and exploring creative ideas
- Always looking through a ‘creative lens’ when executing
- Ability to work under pressure, meet tight deadlines and work simultaneously on multiple projects
- Can work independently (self-starter) and within a team and have the ability to collaborate, take direction and lead