Receive New Job Alerts
About The Sports Edit
The Sports Edit is a multi-channel retailer, launched in 2015, offering a carefully curated selection of the best fashion-forward premium activewear and accessories in the world. We scour the globe to find the brands and products that blend style, high performance, enduring quality, and innovative fabrics, and we present you an edited selection of these. Our whole team is passionate about sport, yoga and fitness, and makes sure that none of our brands or products focus on style over substance – we only select clothes and trainers that look great but also perform, and are built to last. Our first physical store is on the Fulham Road in Chelsea, London, with more openings across London to follow. Our store environment and experience is very different to a conventional sportswear store. Our mission is to create and inspire a community of people who are passionate about sport, style and wellness.
This is a new role and critical to the future of TSE, it will be responsible for all aspects of paid performance marketing globally. This entails paid search, paid social, shopping, price comparison, display and retargeting. TSE also plans to launch a mobile app in 2021, therefore the successful candidate will also be responsible for driving customer acquisition to this new channel too. We currently have an agency managing our search and social budgets. The successful candidate will be responsible for in-housing these campaigns and driving improvements in ROI.
- Management of all paid performance marketing channels globally for TSE
- Planning, developing, implementing and managing the global customer acquisition, retention and development strategy
- Building for the future with a 4-year strategic customer acquisition plan to tie in with our 4 year business plan
- Continually research and understand the global paid environment (social and search) to ensure that we execute best practices in online customer acquisition
- Manage the PPC budget and measure ROI and KPIs across optimal levels of investment, new customer acquisition and retention
- Responsible for planning and execution across: Paid Social, PPC & Shopping accounts
- Set the budget spend, priorities and continually measure and report the results to CEO (and on occasions the TSE board)
- Contribute to driving increased marketing efficiency through identifying cost re-investments on existing customers and non-incremental activity
- Manage relationships with existing agency and execute the in-housing of their managed campaigns
- Working with Google, Facebook and other partners to ensure best in class principles are being adopted for our accounts
- Establishing clear new customer acquisition driving initiatives to exceed growth targets per territory
- Identifying opportunities across Ad-Tech and Mar-Tech to improve either media buying or creative within channels
- Developing best in class media buying principles, marketing funnels, micro-moments & creative requirements to improve channel performance & efficiency
- To develop an attribution model for TSE to assign value per acquisition per channel and optimise accordingly
- A performance marketing expert with experience and expertise in paid marketing (mandatory expert in paid search and preferably paid social expertise and a practitioner in both)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience in delivering consistently strong measurable results in online customer acquisition
- Experience with working and developing paid search bid tools (in house or 3rd party) and associated data modelling (attribution models, propensity models)
- Demonstrable experience in optimisation and testing.
- Expert level knowledge of analytical tools including Google Analytics
- Strong campaign management orientation, identify new themes/topics, offers, and platforms to reach the target market with those messages and offers.
- Experience in driving customer acquisition and retention to a mobile app (preferred)
- Strong interpersonal and team-building capabilities, ability to develop strong trust-based relationships and manage effectively
- Experience working in a start-up environment in scale up mode, where you have significantly grown new customer acquisition via paid performance marketing channels (preferably for an online retailer)
- Ability to build and own the online customer acquisition plan for TSE globally and have the skills, experience and desire to execute against it
- Creative, high energy, detail oriented, proactive, can do and a passion to win