StretchLAB is an exciting new London based start up focusing on wellness through assisted stretching.
Health and Well-being is currently one of the fastest growing business sectors globally.
‘’ClassPass identified recovery classes as the fastest-growing trend in 2017’’
StretchLAB has been created to deliver relief and recovery to exercise junkies, office workers and everyone in between. Just walk in, stiff and tight - feel safe in the hands of our StretchLAB trained stretchologists during a one on one assisted stretch session, for 25 or 50mins and walk out feeling better. It’s that simple…. Our mission is to bring relief, enhance performance and recovery for our clients and make it convenient and affordable.
The Studio Manager will play a leading role in the company’s performance by ensuring the studio team, facility, and stretch schedule are set up for an incredible experience that is aligned with our business objectives. This person will be interpersonally savvy with a strong business acumen and have the ability to creatively problem solve and learn on the fly. You must be able to manage people and time.
• Strategically program instructor schedules in partnership with the studio director; build weekly schedules, fill substitutions, and foster strong relationships with instructors.
• Ensure a clean, organised and well-maintained studio facility by implementing cleaning procedures, utilising suppliers and organising and managing the studio’s facility and maintenance calendar.
• Manage Retail products / stock and ensure it is displayed correctly.
• Make and serve any hot drinks and food/Drink related products.
• Build an effective in house team by proactively addressing the studio’s hiring needs and identifying your team’s strengths and areas of opportunity.
• Oversee the on-boarding, training and development of all new stretchologists and provide ‘in-the- moment’ feedback and coaching to your team when necessary.
• Confidently manage conflict in high pressure situations, demonstrate a solution oriented mind set and the ability to execute to our standards in any situation.
• Prepare and send out a weekly report containing key commercial information including client feedback.
To support the studio director in the following;
• Foster our community and culture from within the flagship studio and embody the role of head of the family with staff and clients. You must be able to inspire your team to uphold high hospitality standards and our core values whilst acknowledging the team’s wins and showing gratitude.
• Drive the growth of the studio through initiatives to support the fitness and retail goals, analyse studio P&L and identify and execute opportunities with corporate partnerships and community impact.
• The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are only representative of those this employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
We are a small team, currently with one Studio, with 7 beds and a core group of up to 10 StretchLAB trained stretchologists. You will be responsible for opening and closing the Studio, maintaining a clean, tidy and inviting space. You will supervise the team and ensuring standards are maintained. Each stretchologist is required to operate under the StretchLAB operational guidelines from uniform through to the core stretch program. You will be responsible for assisting in hiring, organising and training employees with the assistance of the head stretchologist.
Scheduling is an important part of the your job. The studio is in business to provide time, space and equipment for client use. So, you must decide on the best use of each day’s time as well as the studio’s space and equipment to maximise the profit and productivity of the studio.
You will be knowledgeable and passionate about the benefits and techniques of stretching with a good understanding of the human body. You will receive complimentary training, which will give you a thorough understanding of the StretchLAB philosophy and our bespoke proprietary stretching method.
Systems & Processes
When clients utilise the studio’s resources, they have always booked the session through the StretchLAB app / website – they are charged at the point of booking and payment is taken. There is a company policy for lateness and cancellation, which you will need to manage and communicate accordingly. If clients want to add to their session you will be responsible for ensuring that the additional services are recorded correctly and payment is taken.
The goal is to have a light touch approach to technology, however you may be called upon to highlight any issues and, with the assistance of a technical support team; install, operate, maintain or troubleshoot technical equipment. You may also have to schedule repairs of equipment. The thrust will be to co-ordinate and manage experts some technical comprehension will be needed.
Studio Manager Skills
You will be a well-organised multi-tasker who has a habit of accomplishing all of the responsibilities that face you. You are warm and welcoming, as you will often be the first point of contact for visiting clients. In addition to these general skills and personality traits, we are looking for you to possess the following core skills.
Flexibility and adaptability
Basic understand of Wordprocessing / Spreadsheet software