About South Kensington Club
SKC is a private members’ health and wellbeing club that spans three beautiful buildings in the heart of South Kensington.
The club lounge and south facing roof terrace are located on the first floor where members may work, have meetings and socialise in the evening.
The wellness facilities are outstanding, with six gyms & studios including a skylit cardio gym, two yoga studios, weights room, reformer pilates and boxing studios.
There is also a large traditional Russian Bathhouse with saunas, steam rooms, plunge pools, private sauna cabins, treatment cabins and a beautiful tea library.
Opening hours are from 6.45am - 11pm Monday to Saturday, and 8am - 10.30am on Sundays.
Please visit our website and instagram account.
“London would have to have the highest density of private members’ clubs in the western world, but few fuse the entertaining and wellness needs of the modern-day nomad quite as handsomely as the South Kensington Club.” - Wallpaper
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head Receptionist to join the South Kensington Club (SKC), an independently owned, private members health and wellbeing club.
Spanning three beautiful buildings and located close to South Kensington, Knightsbridge and Gloucester Road tube stations, SKC is a beautiful place to work. With spacious lounges, a large south-facing roof terrace, six gym and fitness studios, a traditional Russian Bathhouse, a beautiful tea library and an artisan food market on the ground floor.
This role will manage/supervise the reception team, working closely with the membership and events office and will report directly to the Managing Partner.
· Meet and greet members and their guests on arrival at the club.
· Operate the Brightlime membership database and MindBody wellness booking system.
· Understand and operate the building systems including but not limited to air-conditioning, lighting, fire and security alarms, door entry systems, health and safety protocol.
· Answer, screen and forward all incoming phone calls as required.
· Ensure the front and back office reception areas are tidy and presentable with all necessary stationery and materials.
· Provide accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
· Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
· Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges etc.)
· Keep track of the bookings, updating calendars and schedule meetings.
· Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as managing reception rotas, filing, photocopying and administrative tasks as required.
· Opening and closing the building duties (always with one other member of staff).
· Managing the reception team and ensuring high service standards are met.
The ideal candidate will have:
· Two or more years of reception management experience at a similar establishment.
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
· Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
· Computer skills including Excel and Word.
· Solid written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to be resourceful and proactive when potential issues arise.
· Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritise.
Monday to Friday: 6am-3pm or 2.30pm-11pm (or 11.30pm if there is an event)
Saturday: 7am-4pm or 2.30pm-10.30pm
Sunday: 8am-2.30pm or 2.30pm-10.30pm
Due to the volume of applications currently being received, if you do not hear a response from us within seven working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.
“The majority of the club is housed in what was also a members-only establishment, owned by Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones – and the bathhouse is in the former home and studio of the artist Francis Bacon.” The New York Times
“London would have to have the highest density of private members’ clubs in the western world, but few fuse the entertaining and wellness needs of the modern-day nomad quite as handsomely as the South Kensington Club.” – Wallpaper
Must have previous reception/front of house management experience.