About South Kensington Club
A privately owned members’ club spanning three beautiful buildings in the heart of London (close to South Kensington and Gloucester Road tube stations).
Spacious Club Lounges hosting regular member's events. Bar and all day food service. Large south-facing roof terrace overlooking South Kensington.
Six stunning gym and fitness studios including a gallery cardio gym, two yoga studios, a weights room, reformer pilates and boxing studio.
Traditional Russian Bathhouse with saunas, steam rooms, plunge pools, private sauna cabins, treatment cabins and a beautiful tea library.
The Club is open from 6.45am - 11pm Monday to Saturday and 8am - 10.30am on Sundays.
“London would have to have the highest density of private members’ clubs in the western world, but few fuse the entertaining and wellness needs of the modern-day nomad quite as handsomely as the South Kensington Club.” - Wallpaper
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Events and Membership Assistant to join the South Kensington Club, a private members health and wellbeing club.
This interesting role will work closely with Events and Membership office to develop and deliver member events as well as assisting on membership administrative tasks and showing the Club to prospective members.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard-working team player who is keen to develop their career in events, marketing and wellbeing.
Full-time, starting ASAP (part-time for the right candidate will be considered).
Spanning three beautiful buildings in the heart of London (close to South Kensington and Gloucester Road tube stations), SKC is privately owned members health and wellbeing club. The Club has a spacious Club Lounge, south facing roof terrace, six stunning gym and fitness studios and a traditional Russian Bathhouse (with saunas, steam rooms, plunge pools, private sauna cabins, treatment cabins) and a beautiful tea library.
“The place to relax, recharge, or reverse the effects of a red-eye flight is the Russian banya at the South Kensington Club.” – Vogue
“The majority of the club is housed in what was also a members-only establishment, owned by Ronnie Wood of the Rolling Stones – and the bathhouse is in the former home and studio of the artist Francis Bacon.” The New York Times
● Event management from enquiry to completion.
● Preparation of all relevant event documentation including contracts, function sheets, floor plans, menus and payment.
● Preparing a monthly membership newsletter.
● Leading viewings for potential new members.
● To be trained on front of house, reception to support if necessary.
● Point of contact for all membership enquiries via phone, e-mail and letter.
● Researching new applicants and ensuring all applications are complete.
● Replying to all enquiries and scheduling meetings to discuss member events.
● Adherence to all Club standards, policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Excellent Computer skills including Excel and Word.
- Personable and ability to work in a small, very busy, process driven team.
- Ability to multi-task.
Preferred experience includes:
- Event management experience.
- Basic reception experience (not essential).
- Basic waitress/Bar experience (not essential).
- 3-6 months experience working in events or administrative support ideally within the luxury space.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Excellent communication and customer service.
Privately owned the club offers a great opportunity for career development.