Receive New Job Alerts
Our mission is to bring Soul to the people. Our one of a kind, rockstar instructors guide riders through an inspirational, meditative fitness experience that’s designed to benefit the body, mind and soul. Set in a dark candlelit room to high-energy music, our riders move in unison as a pack to the beat and follow the signature choreography of our instructors. The experience is tribal. It's primal. It's fun.
We call it a cardio party. Our riders say it’s changing their lives. With every pedal stroke, our minds clear and we connect with our true and best selves. Through this shared SOUL experience, our riders develop an unshakeable bond with one another. Friendships are made and relationships are built. In that dark room, our riders share a Soul experience. We laugh, we cry, we grow — and we do it together, as a community.
Co-founders Elizabeth Cutler and Julie Rice met on "the best blind date ever" and immediately clicked on their shared vision: To create an alternative to the fitness routines that felt like work. Together, they developed an inspiring workout that's as efficient as it is joyful — an experience that's the best part of our riders’ day, every day, and that has transformed their relationship to exercise.
Anyone can be an athlete, a rockstar, a warrior... our riders come to us from all backgrounds, levels of fitness and experience. SoulCycle is for everyone.
We could go on and on, but you won’t believe it unless you’ve experienced it yourself. Our community is calling your name, so come in for a ride.... Take your journey. Change your body. Find your Soul.
At SoulCycle, it is an exciting, yet critical time for our teams, and we’re looking for a VP of People Experience to lead all aspects of the employee journey from the first day onward. As the VP of People Experience, you will architect, build and deliver meaningful and inclusive people programs, and practices to reflect & support the amazing and eclectic people who work at SoulCycle.
Your work will directly impact the effectiveness, growth, and fulfillment of both employees and managers, and will inspire through leadership reflective of our core values. If you are passionate and willing to challenge traditional HR practices and build new ones that keep the “human” in the experience, while furthering our values-based culture, then we’d love to hear from you.
We strive to continually deliver the best results and focus on how every action our teams help push our mission to build and deliver products that connect people to the communities and fitness that they love every day. We believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and a more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. We are building a team of exceptional people to help us deliver on that vision.
- Providing thought leadership with the executive leadership team and direction in every part of the employee lifecycle including talent, organizational design, change management, and inclusive and modern employee engagement practices
- Partner in company-wide organizational design. You will build strong trusted relationships and credibility across all levels of business line management
- You will lead the team to design performance management, talent, compensation, and internal mobility processes and communications
- Building strategic and collaborative people business partnerships across all levels of the organization that will enable our people and business to thrive as we scale
- You will identify and handle employee relations issues quickly and sensitively, exercising good judgment and discretion, and partner with stakeholders as appropriate
- You will coach managers on performance management, feedback, employee development, and career pathing
- You will synthesize insights and observations from across the organization to identify improvement areas in HR processes and propose solutions for addressing them
- Bring a strong entrepreneurial mindset and can get in the weeds to enhance operational systems
- Supporting the development of best in class individual, team and organizational development through varied L&D, clear career pathing, and talent management programs; create plans to identify and close talent gaps in competency, knowledge, and skills for the future
- You have at least 6 years of experience managing a dynamic People/HR function, ideally within a dynamic mission-driven brand with a geographically distributed workforce
- You are a creator; you have an affinity and understanding of entrepreneurial culture and a process to enable employees to handle the natural evolution of our culture and values
- You have strong knowledge of HR processes and policies, and demonstrate sound judgment and execution
- You have experience working in a dynamic, ever-changing business with a strong consumer and/or hospitality focus
- You have a strong internal comms understanding and effective change management, written and verbal communication skills with high attention to detail and organization
- You can successfully strike the right balance of being an advisor to the business but also an advocate for employees
- You have a love of learning and approaching all matters with an eye for continuous improvement
- You have knowledge of basic U.S. employment law (ie: FMLA and ADA)
- You’re able to negotiate sensitive situations with confidence and finesse
A successful VP in this role is a thoughtful, strategic executive, who brings the experience of leading within high-growth, rapidly changing organizations, and does not hesitate to oscillate between strategy and spending time in the finer details. Starting with employee engagement from digital to in-person, learning and development, performance management, recruiting, the office experience, development of instructor talent, diversity, equity & inclusion, as well as the company’s people business partner function, this role includes conceiving and executing on new programs and shepherding existing programs and tactics that enable greater engagement and satisfaction as we continue to scale.