Receive New Job Alerts
Our mission is to bring Soul to the people. Our one of a kind, rockstar instructors guide riders through an inspirational, meditative fitness experience that’s designed to benefit the body, mind and soul. Set in a dark candlelit room to high-energy music, our riders move in unison as a pack to the beat and follow the signature choreography of our instructors. The experience is tribal. It's primal. It's fun.
We call it a cardio party. Our riders say it’s changing their lives. With every pedal stroke, our minds clear and we connect with our true and best selves. Through this shared SOUL experience, our riders develop an unshakeable bond with one another. Friendships are made and relationships are built. In that dark room, our riders share a Soul experience. We laugh, we cry, we grow — and we do it together, as a community.
Co-founders Elizabeth Cutler and Julie Rice met on "the best blind date ever" and immediately clicked on their shared vision: To create an alternative to the fitness routines that felt like work. Together, they developed an inspiring workout that's as efficient as it is joyful — an experience that's the best part of our riders’ day, every day, and that has transformed their relationship to exercise.
Anyone can be an athlete, a rockstar, a warrior... our riders come to us from all backgrounds, levels of fitness and experience. SoulCycle is for everyone.
We could go on and on, but you won’t believe it unless you’ve experienced it yourself. Our community is calling your name, so come in for a ride.... Take your journey. Change your body. Find your Soul.
The Senior People Business Partner will provide guidance to an assigned geographic region of SoulCycle’s studio operations, and works closely with HR leadership to support the following functional areas: onboarding, employee relations, training, policy & procedure creation and implementation, leave administration & worker’s compensation issues, and employment law compliance. The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
- Oversee employee relations, counseling, and support of managerial & employee questions or concerns; recommend and implement proactive, long-term solutions to areas of opportunity within your business
- Partner with Studio Operations Managers, and other cross-functional partners to investigate, resolve and formally respond to a variety issues, including harassment, discrimination, performance management, policy violations, and so on, in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, as well as applicable employment laws.
- Act as advisor and business partner to field + instructor staff as it relates to various HR plans, programs and procedures. Assess and evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of these programs and recommend updates and changes as needed.
- Participate in developing career paths, succession & staffing plans, to support a growing business comprised of high-performing teams.
- Partner to People Coordinators to ensure accurate and up-to-date employee records are maintained in various HR systems, including hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, and terminations; create and compile reports to support recommendations and programs.
- Oversee performance management program, including regularly scheduled performance reviews for studio staff. Keep strong pulse on studio + instructor talent; recommend promotions, transfers and increases to senior People leadership to insure continuity and consistency within your business.
- Act as Talent and Recruitment partner to Field Operations leadership; support with recruitment training and bench building within your market
- Partner with senior People leadership to ideate on engagement & culture within your region, and the entire company.
- Liaise with the payroll team, as needed, to coordinate timely and accurate payroll processing bi-weekly
- 4 - 5 years of experience in a true HR-role, preferably as a Generalist or Business Partner.
- A self-aware partner, with an incredible ability to build trusting & productive relationships.
- Outstanding communication skills – verbal & written.
- Strong knowledge of local, state and federal labor laws.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility & adaptability.
- Prior HR-system (UltiPro) experience a huge plus, but not required.
- Ability to execute quickly and effectively.
- Ability to travel, locally and regionally, up to 40%
- Medical, dental and vision insurance for all eligible employees
- Paid vacation, sick, holiday and volunteer time-off for eligible employees
- Ride for free at all studios on a walk-in basis per our staff riding policy
- Additional discounted fitness classes
- Retail discount – we’re an athleisure friendly environment
- Office snacks, company events, parties and more!
- 401k with company match
- Paid parental leave for both parents
- Commuter benefits