Receive New Job Alerts
Our mission is to bring Soul to the people. Our one of a kind, rockstar instructors guide riders through an inspirational, meditative fitness experience that’s designed to benefit the body, mind and soul. Set in a dark candlelit room to high-energy music, our riders move in unison as a pack to the beat and follow the signature choreography of our instructors. The experience is tribal. It's primal. It's fun.
We call it a cardio party. Our riders say it’s changing their lives. With every pedal stroke, our minds clear and we connect with our true and best selves. Through this shared SOUL experience, our riders develop an unshakeable bond with one another. Friendships are made and relationships are built. In that dark room, our riders share a Soul experience. We laugh, we cry, we grow — and we do it together, as a community.
Co-founders Elizabeth Cutler and Julie Rice met on "the best blind date ever" and immediately clicked on their shared vision: To create an alternative to the fitness routines that felt like work. Together, they developed an inspiring workout that's as efficient as it is joyful — an experience that's the best part of our riders’ day, every day, and that has transformed their relationship to exercise.
Anyone can be an athlete, a rockstar, a warrior... our riders come to us from all backgrounds, levels of fitness and experience. SoulCycle is for everyone.
We could go on and on, but you won’t believe it unless you’ve experienced it yourself. Our community is calling your name, so come in for a ride.... Take your journey. Change your body. Find your Soul.
SoulCycle Finance is looking to add a Senior Accountant to bring broad accounting expertise and leadership to our growing team.
This is a key Finance Organization development position. Expectations for individuals in this position are to demonstrate strong and effective communication over the external reporting process. This position will report directly to the Senior Manager of Accounting at SoulCycle corporate headquarters.
- Build schedules, processes and reconciliations around complex accounting areas
- Prepare, post and reconcile standard monthly closing journal entries for assigned P&L and balance sheet accounts
- Review and monitor account reconciliations prepared by staff and provide constructive feedback for staff development
- Understand key aspects of the financial statements and the nature of all assigned accounts and maintain related schedules and processes
- Assistance in data testing and validation of reports from POS/ERP and other implemented systems
- Prepare schedules for external auditors, assist with testing and field work for quarterly and annual audits
- Cash accounts reconciliation experience or knowledge of transactional processes with a POS system
- Preparation of strong support files and excel models when asked to report on historical and forecasted expenses
- Project lead for areas where accounting insight and analytical viewpoints are necessary for reporting
- Support the Accounts Payable team and provide growth opportunities and leadership to junior team members
- Respond to inquiries from the field on a timely basis and provide information that is meaningful to the users
- Work effectively with other departments, such as Payroll, HR, FP&A, Accounts Payable, and Operations in order to anticipate accounting impacts or changes to processes
- Assist Senior Manager and Controller with ad hoc projects as needed
- BA/BS degree in business with a concentration in Accounting/Finance
- Minimum 3 to 4 years of experience in accounting.
- Experience in public/Big Four is a plus.
- Experience in the retail industry and/or with inventory also a plus.
- Maintains current knowledge of US GAAP
- High degree of skill in using Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of JDEdwards and Hyperion is a plus
- Ability to review and find insight in reporting tasks - initiative a great plus in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail with the ability to see the big picture
- Creativity, flexibility, adaptability, positive teamwork skills and an ability to work cross-functionally
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and willingness to manage new projects with tight deadlines
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills
- A personal passion for fitness and/or the SoulCycle brand