Receive New Job Alerts
About Soho House & Co.
Soho House began in London's Greek Street in 1995, when founder Nick Jones was offered the space above his restaurant, Cafe Boheme. It could only be accessed via a small door, inspiring Nick to turn the townhouse into a members’ club for the local artists and actors who ate downstairs.
Today, we have members and Houses around the world, as well as restaurants, spas, workspaces and cinemas.
We aim to be a platform that fosters creativity in all its forms; a place where people can share ideas and make connections in physical and digital spaces, while upholding our values of diversity and respect.
This ethos drives everything we do, from events and experiences, to mentor programmes and initiatives.
In this role, you will help accelerate the delivery of the Soho House people plan, focussing on delivering a robust employee health and wellness programme to nurture staff morale and wellbeing. You will create and run a global strategy focussed on mental health, healthy diet and exercise, mindfulness, financial wellness, sleep, stress management and more. By drawing on your experience of leading a holistic end-to-end employee schedule, you will be instrumental in making sure that we live up to our ambitions, fostering a fun, respectful, purposeful and kind environment for all. You will be a key point of contact with global teams across the business, partnering to advise, guide and champion behaviours that contribute to a supportive environment where employees feel valued and respected. This new position will liaise with people managers and coordinators across the globe, with a dotted line into our Health & Safety function. It will report into the Chief People Officer.
- Design and execute a global wellness programme that enables employee to feel taken care of by the company and given an opportunity to make their work enjoyable, healthy, and creative.
- Lead on global and local events for employees in support offices and operational sites. This will include planning and circulating a monthly events schedule, driving attendance and overseeing logistics at a local level.
- Process and analyse global data gathered by annual survey, focussing on information relating to happiness at work, health, wellbeing, stress and mindfulness.
- Oversee and actively promote all global employee assistance programs, which provide confidential support for issues like stress, substance abuse, depression, and anxiety.
- Oversee and manage global volunteering programme, enabling support staff to spend 3 days each year on charitable pursuits outside of the organisation.
- Ensure campaigns, events and programmes aim to engage all of our people, considering inclusion needs, learning styles, different backgrounds etc.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with internal stakeholders across all departments domestically and across the globe; P&D, Learning & Development,
- Diversity & Inclusion, Legal, IT, Finance, Marketing, Membership and Operations, Soho Health Club
- Support the implementation of Diversity & Inclusion policies and guidelines that protect our teams and encourage reporting of harassment, bullying, and sexual misconduct of all kinds.
- Adhere to health and safety policy (I.e. IIPP, worker’s comp procedures, and allergy procedures) and implement, monitor and enforce compliance with all
- Company policies, procedures and standards
- Deliver the mental health first aiders programme: promote training, sign-up, and work towards having a MHFA within every site globally across the company.
- This includes providing ad-hoc advice, identifying and creating supportive tools and resources, ensure accuracy of resource documents.
- Monitor the monthly reporting of MHFAs, analyse trends and report findings to direct manager in support of the wider mental well-being strategy.
- Establish and maintain close relationships with external mental health partners and key organisations at the forefront
- Research and keep up to date with industry best practice in the area of staff wellbeing, using findings to inform company strategy.
- Keep up to date with new and emerging guidance and legislation that govern legal and ethical aspects of well-being.
- Provide ad-hoc one to one advice to people leaders and team members on managing workplace well-being.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in the health and wellness sector, working in a mental health or employee wellbeing role
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including report writing and basic data analysis. Keen eye for detail and ability to problem-solve in demanding environments.
- Effective administration and IT skills (including Microsoft Excel) with the ability to set and meet deadlines
- Must have previous experience managing high-volume and fast-paced environments.
- Ability to align with Soho House & Co. mission and support the company vision and values. A solid understanding of and appreciation for Diversity & Inclusion initiatives is a must.
- Managing events budgets and maintain legal compliance across different regions and globally
- Facilitation and public speaking experience is desired
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.