Receive New Job Alerts
About Second Nature
We’re here to help people take control of their health. By bringing together behavioural science, technology, and incredible people, our grand mission is to eradicate the global epidemic of chronic lifestyle diseases once and for all.
Our digital habit change programme – delivered digitally through mobile and web apps – helps people to improve their lifestyle, lose weight, and ultimately reduce their risk for conditions such as type 2 diabetes.
We’re also one of the few consumer health brands that are also actively commissioned by the NHS (for us, it’s to help people living with type 2 diabetes).
We have just closed our Series A fundraising (Dec 2019). We have a team of 85 people, which will continue to expand over the coming years.
We’re looking to bring on a full-time Health Psychologist to perform as a specialist programme education developer on our growing team.
Education is fundamental to the Second Nature programme. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to make a positive difference to people’s lives by helping them achieve sustainable lifestyle changes through education. This involves developing online, structured educational programmes centred on health, mindset, and behaviour change science.
- You'll be providing your expertise on how psychological theories and interventions can support health-related behaviour change
- This role will sit within our product team, and you’ll be reporting directly to our Product content manager
- The role is multifaceted and you’ll have the opportunity to work on a variety of different projects including:
- Executing the development of content for new programmes, specifically relating to mindset and behaviour change. This includes writing articles, developing infographics, and determining appropriate assessment tools.
- Optimising our programme content to improve behaviour change outcomes and engagement
- Collaborating with the product and design teams to create effective behavioural interventions within the app that can provide support to our users
- Research: keeping abreast of the latest research in the health space and looking for opportunities to incorporate new research into the programme content
- Assisting with user research and iterating on educational content based on this feedback
- Contributing to product design processes, in particular relating to the educational elements of the product
- Master's in health psychology approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) with 2+ years experience
- You have a passion for education, with exceptional English written communication skills and demonstrated experience in writing (e.g. blogs, research papers, PR pieces)
- You have experience coaching clients using a holistic approach and effective behaviour change techniques
- You have experience in developing and delivering structured educational programmes, either digitally or in-person
- You have demonstrated experience managing a demanding workload, including outstanding organisational skills
- You have demonstrated experience in working both asynchronously and as part of a team
- You have a growth mindset - you're smart, ambitious, and quick to learn new skills
- You are extremely self-driven and independently fill gaps in your knowledge and skill set
- You have a base understanding of product principles and design processes
- A desire to take on people management responsibilities in the future
- An opportunity to influence the development of the educational experience on the Second Nature programme
- Exposure to multiple elements of the development of an early-stage healthcare startup
- An exciting job at one of the first digital behavioural change programmes ever commissioned by the NHS
- Daily inspiration and exposure to lots of interesting and passionate people in our workspace that are also helping to solve important problems
- A flexible working environment, with the opportunity to be office-based or remote