About School of SOS
School of SOS is a high growth dance platform, on a mission to empower a generation of Queens to believe in themselves, using dance as a source of strength, power and confidence which they can carry through to every aspect of their lives. Launched in 2019 by CEO Bonnie Lister Parsons, SOS closed the world’s first all-female investment round covered by Forbes with the ambition to reach across the globe with a life-changing class on every corner, and on every device.
Featured by Grazia, Hello!, The Times, The Independent, Refinery29, Cosmopolitan, The Guardian, Huffington Post and even Instagram themselves, SOS has created the most empowering dance experience in the world, disrupting the global dance fitness market and making pop-inspired dance classes emulating the stars, accessible to the mass market for the first time.
Your role is to build the first iteration of the mobile/web platform that our customers can trust, which is easy to use and removes any barriers to making the online and offline SOS class experience as exceptional as possible.
You will be our first technical full time hire so this is an opportunity to make an impact. We’re looking for an ambitious senior software developer with an entrepreneurial mindset to work directly with the SOS CEO and UX designer to use your strong technical background and skill set to bring our product vision to life.
- Scope out and build the first iteration of the mobile/web platform
- Evaluate and deploy a variety of technologies to integrate the offline and online components of the business, putting intuitive, seamless customer experience at the heart of your tech architecture
- Be responsive to feedback from our international network of instructors and students
- Identify key tech hires delegating to new junior roles as you progress and the platform evolves
- 4+ years experience building e-commerce products that serve consumers
- Worked in or with early stage businesses or on new product development
- Experience with agile development techniques and rapid iteration
- Experience with modern web development technologies across the front- and back-end
- Built products serving an international market
- Clear written and spoken English
- Be highly organised and be able to work to deadlines
- Love for the quality of your work and attention to detail
- Confidence with best practices, patterns and techniques in software development, but also a love of learning and personal development
- Competitive salary and participation in the early stage employee options scheme
- 25 days annual leave + 5 extra days for parents of children under 18
- A warm, ambitious, open and supportive team who are working to empower every one of our customers to achieve what’s important to them.
- Unlimited SOS classes!
BELIEVE IN YOURSELF
You’ve probably heard the following statistic: Men apply for a job when they meet only 60% of the qualifications, but women apply only if they meet 100% of them. Don’t wait until you’re ‘perfect’ to seize opportunities — we don’t! If this job role fills you with excitement, and you believe you can use your skill, vision and talent to bring our mission of empowering a generation of womxn to life through tech, we want to hear from you.