About Re:Mind Studio
Re:Mind is a meditation, healing and breathwork studio in Central London. Our dedicated team is on a journey to bring more calm to busy Londoners. Through a selection of easily accessible meditation-based and teacher-led sessions, a studio that's designed with sustainability and your health in mind and a close-knit community - we offer you a space to recover, heal and transform from any stresses and complications of city life.
The Full Time Studio Assistant position is 30 – 40 hours per week. This is an opportunity to be immersed in the Re:Mind Studio team and to grow with the business. As a Studio Assistant you will be the first point of contact through welcoming and engaging with clients, teachers and staff. Being in charge of set-up and re-set of meditation sessions, maintaining a clean and orderly space, selling products and services, and making sure the studio is a friendly, engaging environment for anyone who enters.
Enthusiasm, excellent customer service, retail experience, and flexibility are key. The ideal full time Studio Assistant will align with our ethos and be a thoughtful and energetic team player with a positive attitude. Taking initiative to ensure the studio runs efficiently and effectively on a day to day basis.
The studio shifts are on a permanent basis covering mornings, evenings and weekends, sometimes with the responsibility to open and close the studio. The studio is open 7 days.
Front of House:
- Welcoming each person who walks into the studio and oversee client check-ins. Guiding new clients through to the lounge area with an introduction to the space.
- Creating a welcoming space for all clients and maintaining a calm environment, offering guidance and support for clients meditation experience, holding space for clients when and if needed.
- Providing first point of contact for sales of products and services. Keeping up to date with Re:Mind product and teacher/session information whilst actively promoting these to all clients to encourage sales.
- Upholding impeccable customer service standards, anticipating clients needs and going above and beyond to deliver. Dealing with client feedback in a professional manor especially in sensitive situations.
- Overseeing client accounts, purchases, and responding to client enquiries. Overseeing the studio inbox and filtering through incoming correspondence.
- Responding to enquiries across all communication platforms - studio phone, studio email inbox and Instagram.
- Throughly cleaning and organising store, studio space, tea lounge and restrooms. Keeping utility room and stock room tidy at all times.
- Gift wrapping purchases and creating Re:Mind gift vouchers for clients when needed.
- Working closely with the management team for store and studio operations. Reporting into the Studio Manager and Retail & E-Commerce Manager with regular handovers.
- Gaining understanding and familiarity with the teachers and their teaching styles for the varying practices hosted at Re:Mind. Tending to teachers set up and re-set requirements and actively creating a welcoming environment for teachers to feel comfortable.
- Interest in meditation and promoting health, mindfulness and sustainability.
- Experienced Re:Mind Studio and attended a session.
- At least a year retail and or boutique fitness and/or yoga studio experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience handling sensitive matters in a positive, professional and timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining high aesthetic standards.
- Strong proactive team player who demonstrates flexibility, punctuality, responding quickly and effectively under pressure by using their own initiative.
- Knowledge of using systems such as Shopify, Trouva MindBody/ZingFit and Instagram is preferred but not essential.
- Complimentary studio sessions outside of work hours.
- Participation in studio events & workshops.
- 20% discount in store (Incentives apply after probationary).
- 20% friends and family discount for in store product, sessions, class packs and workshops (Incentives apply after probationary).
- 5% commission on all sales (Incentives apply after probationary).
Salary - £18k