About Re:Mind Studio
Re:Mind is a meditation, healing and breathwork studio in Central London. Our dedicated team is on a journey to bring more calm to busy Londoners. Through a selection of easily accessible meditation-based and teacher-led sessions, a studio that's designed with sustainability and your health in mind and a close-knit community - we offer you a space to recover, heal and transform from any stresses and complications of city life.
The Re:Mind Assistant Studio Manager role is a 40 hour per week Full Time position based in the studio. This is an opportunity to be immersed in the management of Re:Mind Studio and to grow with the business. The Assistant Studio Manager is responsible for day-to-day studio operations, assisting the Studio Manager with teacher scheduling, training, and the overall needs of teachers and clients.
Delivering clients a premium experience, and exhibiting and modelling studio leadership is required for success in this position. The role will encompass building our team, which will focus on studio activation to build on existing relationships and drive new clients and teachers.
As an Assistant Studio Manager you will be taking initiative to ensure the studio runs efficiently and effectively on a day-to-day basis, making sure it is a friendly and engaging environment for anyone who walks in. Enthusiasm, excellent customer service, attention to detail, and flexibility are key.
The ideal Assistant Studio Manager will be aligned with our ethos and be a thoughtful and energetic leader with a positive attitude.
As the studio is open 7 days a week, the Assistant Studio Manager shifts are offered on a permanent basis including evenings and weekends.
- Providing a premium experience to each client entering the studio. Ensuring the studio is a friendly and engaging environment for anyone who enters.
- Managing and maintaining the day to day running of the studio. Taking active ownership of the space, maintaining a pristine and welcoming studio aesthetic.
- Overseeing studio maintenance and maintaining upkeep of the studio.
- Managing the set-up and re-set of meditation sessions, maintaining a calm environment during changeover periods.
- Handling client feedback, dealing with queries and sensitive circumstances in a timely manner, in person and online. Offering guidance and support for clients meditation practices and holding space when needed.
- Managing and responding to all enquiries across all communication platforms including in person, via studio phone, studio email inbox and social media platforms.
- Assisting Studio Manager with staffing schedules and holiday leave. Assisting with keeping the studio handbook and manuals up to date.
- Participating in weekly catch-up meetings with Studio Manager and monthly meetings with Studio Manager, Head of Operations and Founder.
- Assisting with studio based private events, corporate bookings and off site partnership events & festivals with Studio Manager and Head of Operations.
- Responsibly taking charge of health and safety in the studio for clients, teachers and yourself. Successfully undergoing studio health and safety training to become up to date with safety procedures. Responsible for managing the upkeep of health and safety practices and procedures within the studio. Dealing with studio emergencies in a professional manner.
Teachers & Community
- Gaining extensive understanding and familiarity with the teachers and their teaching styles for the varying practices hosted at Re:Mind. Tending to teachers set up requirements and needs, actively creating a welcoming environment for teachers to feel comfortable.
- Maintaining positive, healthy connections with teachers and clients. Manage day-to-day communication with all parties and reporting to the Studio Manager on further needs and concerns through regular communication via handovers.
- Assisting the Studio Manager with staffing and class schedules and holiday leave.
- Managing 1-1 and group private session bookings in the studio and online.
- Assisting in keeping staff and clients up to date with new teachers and class offerings.
- Assisting the Studio Manager with the interview process for new teachers, providing ongoing training and feedback sessions. Updating and maintaining the teacher handbook and assisting with bi monthly teacher update emails.
- Actively helping to build the Re:Mind team through different avenues of communication.
- Provide and role model an excellent client service experience at all times. Create an engaging store environment.
- Maintain product knowledge for all studio retail operations and keep up to date with new product. Drive sales of both product and sessions. Keeping the eco wellness shop replenished and tidy at all times.
- Gift wrapping purchases and creating Re:Mind gift vouchers for clients when needed.
IT & Communications:
- Managing front facing and back of house MindBody/ZingFit software.
- Using MindBody/ZingFit and Google calendar scheduling systems.
- Updating teacher and class offerings on website platforms.
- Writing bi-monthly/monthly newsletters for teachers and community using Mail Chimp.
- Website copy writing (copy for teacher profiles and bio’s).
- Planning and scheduling content and imagery for Instagram posts.
- In person interaction with clients and teachers.
- Interest in meditation and promoting health, mindfulness and sustainability.
- Experienced Re:Mind Studio and attended a session.
- At least a year retail and or boutique fitness and/or yoga studio experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience handling sensitive matters in a positive, professional and timely manner.
- Strong attention to detail while maintaining high aesthetic standards.
- Strong proactive team player who demonstrates flexibility, punctuality, responding quickly and effectively under pressure by using their own initiative.
- Knowledge of using systems such as Shopify, Trouva MindBody/ZingFit and Instagram is preferred but not essential.
- Complimentary studio sessions outside of work hours.
- Participation in studio events & workshops.
- 20% discount in store (Incentives apply after probationary).
- 20% friends and family discount for in store product, sessions, class packs and workshops (Incentives apply after probationary).
- 5% commission on all sales (Incentives apply after probationary).
Salary - £22k