Receive New Job Alerts
Recess is a consumer wellness brand creating products and experiences designed to help people feel balanced, centered, and inspired so they can be their most productive and creative selves — despite an increasingly stressful world.
The Part-time Freelance Copywriter will support the brand and growth marketing teams as we scale the Recess brand and products online through our native direct-to-consumer channel and third-party marketplaces like Amazon.
We’re looking for someone who can take on our brand voice and apply sound business judgment to outwardly facing customer communications. You’ll be working alongside our lean growth, marketing, and creative teams to help scale content across paid and organic marketing channels.
In this role, you will be reporting directly to our Director of E-commerce to achieve rapid growth. As a distributed organization, we are open to remote candidates.
After you’ve fulfilled your first responsibility of stocking your home fridge with Recess, this is what you can expect from the role:
- Work with the Director of E-commerce, Director of Brand Marketing, Senior Copywriter, and paid media agency to devise ad copy used for paid media (Facebook, Google, Tik Tok, LinkedIn)
- Support Senior Copywriter in developing and executing a strategy to increase customer engagement in response to comments on organic and paid social feeds
- Own copy and customer communications delivered through emails, including ongoing campaigns, flows, and various A/B tests to increase engagement and conversion
- Willing to devote at least 10-15 hours a week part-time
While it’s true that we are venturing into uncharted territory as a leading brand in a new product category, candidates should have the following:
- Strong understanding of Millennial and Creative culture
- Proven ability to work with in-house, freelance, and agency creative teams with an excellent creative sensibility
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills