About Rebel Kitchen
Rebel Kitchen is revolutionizing food for everyone: Healthy alternatives that taste mind-blowingly good.
We question received wisdom and demand that we all rethink our unsustainable approach to health, nutrition, consumption, agriculture and manufacturing.
REBEL KITCHEN: FOR THE PLANT CURIOUS
WE ARE A CERTIFIED B CORPORATION
Rebel Kitchen chose to become a Certified B Corporation so we could stand up and be proudly measured against the highest standards of social and environmental performance, accountability and transparency. We are honoured to be part of this movement driving change and playing our part in solving world social and environmental problems.
Check out the Rebel Kitchen B Corp assessment to see how we stack up.
WE ARE A 1% FOR THE PLANET MEMBER
Being part of the 1% for the planet foundation it puts our money where our mouth is. We pledge to donate at least 1% of sales to nonprofit partners vetted for participation in the 1% for the Planet network.
We’re looking for an overall Design Rebel to join our growing tight-knit team and help us achieve our vision and spread our amazing products to the masses. Fascinated by design and someone who loves to get lost in the exploration of texture, shapes and contours, you’re probably first in line at any new art exhibition or may be found snapping curious objects on your travels.
Reporting to Brand Rebel, you’ll lead on the continual development of our brand aesthetic and identity. Working closely with key stakeholders in the business you’ll be tasked with creating unique and progressive designs that befit our look and feel. Applying varied techniques to present ideas of how to evolve the creative direction you’ll always keep us fresh and relevant (Bel Air style). Your friends might say that your sense of fashion is niche but we know you’re the type that loves to break the mould and we want that!
Not often does an opportunity to work on the creative development of one of the coolest challenger brands in the UK come up so the scope of responsibility and growth potential from this role is enormous and yours for the taking.
- Work with the Creative Head to produce new content ideas and visually bring to life our brand across various marketing channels in line with the brand aesthetic.
- Create all visual material for Rebel Kitchen in line with brand look & feel (OOH artwork, all printed materials, POS, event graphics, signage, hand crafted or digital illustrations, external/internal business presentations, internal design).
- Supporting the Social Media Rebel in content idea generation to enhance our brand-led social feed.
- Managing print production, working including working with suppliers and selecting appropriate materials and finishes.
- Produce lifestyle photography for each product range that highlights our brand personality and communicates the product USP’s.
- Consider all formats required when shooting e.g. web banner, poster, postcard to ensure the team have a variety of photographic and graphic visuals that enhance our brand in advertisements.
- Brainstorm and scamp photoshoot ideas to agree possible creative routes. Consider logistics and new lighting arrangements when shooting products for different effects.
- Manage and direct photoshoots (organise timing plans, source props, set up photography equipment, direct the photoshoots).
- Edit all photographs post-photoshoot to a professional standard.
- Ensuring consistency across all areas of design: messaging, layout, brand aesthetic, typography. Within all visual materials created as well as internal and external documents.
- Regular updates of the brand assets folder, ensuring the team are using the correct imagery of products.
- Design packaging for NPD launches in line with the brand aesthetic and product USPs.
- Manage and execute all packaging design amends including liaising with our suppliers to ensure artwork is sent to print on time and within the correct specifications.
- Manage the in-house approval process for all packaging artwork.
- Confidence in pushing boundaries and exploring new realms of creativity with an eye for design excellence and attention to detail
- Competent using In Design and Photoshop to an advanced level // Adobe Creative Cloud skills (Illustration, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects) // knowledge of PowerPoint to create decks
- Professional photography to a high standard including post production editing
- Ideally, have experience with motion graphics and video editing
- Ability to manage own workload, prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to take constructive feedback and critique on design to constantly improve
- Openness to new ideas, perspectives, fresh approaches to design
- Ability to work at a fast pace across multiple work streams
- Ready for a fast paced and high energy startup environment
- Open to a small company mindset – hands-on and flexible to adapt to requirements outside of the defined role and comfort zone
- Ready and able to tackle problems head on and find solutions with a smile
- Self-motivated and able to work under your own initiative in a flexible environment
- Ready to live our company values and be a part of our work family
- Committed to personal development – will push yourself to learn and grow
- Confident, tactful and have a positive manner
- Excellent organisationally with good time management skills
- Willing to go above and beyond
Compensation: Competitive and dependent on experience
Mandatory: Must hold the relevant Visas/Work permits for work in the UK.
English as native/bilingual/full professional proficiency