Receive New Job Alerts
Founded by Simon Mottram in London in 2004, Rapha makes the world’s finest cycling clothing. For 15 years, our products have redefined comfort, performance, and style for cyclists from absolute beginners through to WorldTour professionals.
Born from a love of the sport, Rapha regularly organises and sponsors unique rides and events. The Rapha Cycling Club was founded in 2015 to bring cyclists together, and today there are already more than 17,000 members worldwide. Our 21 Clubhouses across Europe, North America and Asia have become hubs for RCC members and local cyclists, offering a café space and stocking the latest products.
Rapha is proud to have worked with the sport's best athletes from its earliest days. First, as title sponsor to the British UCI Continental team Rapha-Condor from 2005 to 2012, then as clothing supplier to Team Sky from 2012 to 2016. We continue to work at the top tiers of professional cycling with the women’s UCI WorldTour team CANYON//SRAM since 2016, and, after publishing a two-year study on the state of the sport titled the Rapha Roadmap, we have returned to the men’s WorldTour with EF Education First Pro Cycling from 2019.
The Apparel Designer is responsible for the design of products in the Rapha Main and ensures that the range delivers unique products that lead the market in performance, quality and style. The role works together with a team of designers and Product Engineers to create innovative, relevant and well resolved products in-line with the company values, timelines and strategic goals.
- Create innovative relevant and highly resolved products that keep Rapha at the forefront of the cycling industry.
- Build insights into new relevant and compelling products that inspire the community
- Work closely with the Atelier team to find creative solutions to riding specific problems
- Collaborate with the Product Engineering, Materials and Sourcing teams to deliver seasonal projects on time and within budget.
- Create accurate product cads and detailed information, fit, fabric & features across all
- Contribute to the seasonal colour builds and story-telling capsules across the apparel range
- Drive consistency and commerciality of fit
- Discover, develop and present compelling narratives for multiple collections and product categories including market research, customer insights and problem solving for on-bike specific problems.
- Connecting and championing product inside Rapha
- Getting grand ideas over the line through careful concept building and precise execution.
- Testing, first-hand feedback and experience of product, conditions and competitors.
- Backing up design decisions up with proven insights and keeping commercial targets in mind
- Ensure time is well allocated between all ranges in line with the business goals. Taking consideration of a wide range of customers, riding needs, and regions, drive the design of new products with love and passion for all ranges, with a range focused as well as detailed view on design language and fit
- Support for downstream teams such as Development, to ensure products have the best possible chance of success
- 3-5 years experience within the apparel design industry
- Approach all projects with passion, curiosity and tenacity.
- Exemplify the Rapha standard for design and storytelling. Inspire others to do the same
- Be approachable and collaborate internally and externally to deliver truly excellent work
- Balance commercial imperatives with the need to constantly push the boundaries of design
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills
- Calm under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate a clear passion and understanding for the sport
- Own and lead cycling through exceptional product experiences. Propose new product concepts and new ways to enjoy riding
- Continuously wanting to improve and create industry leading design.
- Endeavour to always improve the product offering, sometimes through incremental improvements, sometimes through great leaps. Knowing the competitive landscape is a must, understanding where value lies for customer, and where we can improve.
- Show empathy and support for team, sharing knowledge and skills with others to provide perspective and become stronger together
- Flexible working hours
- Support ad-hoc remote working during the week
- No meeting Fridays - giving you time back for things like personal development
- Free barista coffee and Friday afternoon social drinks in the office
- Monthly department social events and quarterly office social away days
- We offer a flexible riding benefit to allow you to go out riding on a Wednesday morning with colleagues or learn to cycle to cycling through our Getting Started Scheme.
- We offer all our employees a 50% apparel discount
- An annual clothing allowance
- Discounted membership to the Rapha Cycling Club
- Company Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave