Receive New Job Alerts
Founded by Simon Mottram in London in 2004, Rapha makes the world’s finest cycling clothing. For 15 years, our products have redefined comfort, performance, and style for cyclists from absolute beginners through to WorldTour professionals.
Born from a love of the sport, Rapha regularly organises and sponsors unique rides and events. The Rapha Cycling Club was founded in 2015 to bring cyclists together, and today there are already more than 17,000 members worldwide. Our 21 Clubhouses across Europe, North America and Asia have become hubs for RCC members and local cyclists, offering a café space and stocking the latest products.
Rapha is proud to have worked with the sport's best athletes from its earliest days. First, as title sponsor to the British UCI Continental team Rapha-Condor from 2005 to 2012, then as clothing supplier to Team Sky from 2012 to 2016. We continue to work at the top tiers of professional cycling with the women’s UCI WorldTour team CANYON//SRAM since 2016, and, after publishing a two-year study on the state of the sport titled the Rapha Roadmap, we have returned to the men’s WorldTour with EF Education First Pro Cycling from 2019.
The Design Operations manager is responsible for the timely delivery of the Design Team’s contribution to Rapha’s Seasonal and long-term product strategies. The Role provides structure, prioritisation, and visibility to the weekly, monthly and annual work of Design, Materials, R&D and Atelier, as well as facilitating cross functional work with internal and external partners.
- Own the Design Team's delivery into the Critical Path and Rapha’s longer term product strategy
- Track and report seasonal progress against critical path
- Identify weekly and monthly priorities for Design, Materials, R&D and Atelier
- Create and track project plans and deliverables for Pre-season and R&D projects
- Create and track project budgets for Pre-season and R&D projects
- Coordinate and track engagement and deliverables with external partners
- Coordinate weekly or daily stand-up critical path meetings with-in the design team to ensure blockers and issues are resolved quickly
- Ensure design receives necessary inputs from across the business in a timely manner
- Lead Designs engagement in broader process development across the business
- Support on ad hoc tasks as required
Candidates may possess the following skills. We're open to a wide variety of backgrounds and skill sets which may fulfil the requirements in a similar way.
- 3-5 years’ experience within a variety of project management / business analyst / producer roles, ideal for someone looking to take their skill set in house and learn more about the retail & sportswear industry
- Detail oriented and process driven with strong follow- through
- Strong analytical skills and numerical dexterity
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills; able to work with sizeable amounts of data, write macros and utilise power query, IF and INDEX functionality.
- Experience working on SAP or equivalent systems e.g. NAV, IBM, Oracle, Salesforce, PLM etc
- Proactive and dynamic interpersonal style, able to act between different departments in a diplomatic, non-confrontational manner and understand how to balance their different approaches and needs
- Qualifications in Lean Six Sigma / Agile project management
- An interest in active sports and an understanding of the cycling market
We are continuously looking into ways to invest in our employees and build a better working culture and environment. Here are just some of the internal benefits we offer.
- Flexible working hours
- Support ad-hoc remote working during the week
- No meeting Fridays - giving you time back for things like personal development
- Free barista coffee and Friday afternoon social drinks in the office
- Monthly department social events and quarterly office social away days
- We offer a flexible riding benefit to allow you to go out riding on a Wednesday morning with colleagues or learn to cycle to cycling through our Getting Started Scheme.
- We offer all our employees a 50% apparel discount
- An annual clothing allowance
- Discounted membership to the Rapha Cycling Club
- Company Pension Scheme
- Enhanced Parental Leave