Receive New Job Alerts
Every day, we buy products that impact our planet. Opaque supply chains are devastating environments and compromising the wellbeing of people, animals and communities. Each product and business is different, but rarely do we have the information we need to make positive choices about what to buy.
Careers at Provenance
Provenance empowers great brands to increase trust in their products, using revolutionary technologies for greater supply chain transparency. Our software lets businesses bring the origin, journey and impact of products to the point of sale, with a social mission to help us all make positive choices about what to buy.
Join us to help change the way we shop.
Work at Provenance
We are an amazing, small team based in London, UK. Most of the team works in and around London and we like to see faces as much as possible.
We are growing fast and support flexible and remote working.
Provenance is using tech to power the transparency movement – helping brands bring their supply chain and the social and environmental impact behind products to shoppers. Our mission is to enable more conscious, fair, and low-impact consumption.
We are looking for a Sustainability Strategy Manager to deliver and shape Provenance’s pioneering Transparency Program for global brands in the CPG and Retail sectors. We help our clients understand the commercial opportunity of being an open and honest brand – sharing their supply chain and sustainability initiatives to build shopper trust and brand value.
Reporting into our Head of Enterprise, you’ll work directly with clients to shape the strategic opportunity for transparency within their business and support them in implementing the Provenance software platform. We work collaboratively with our clients’ teams across sustainability and supply chain, through to marketing and sales. A key part of this role will be helping clients maximise internal and external value from executing product-level supply chain and impact transparency at scale.
This is an exciting role for someone keen to move to working for a purpose-driven organisation at an early growth stage – working with leading consumer goods brands on a strategic and future-facing imperative.
- Working as a Sustainability Strategy Manager at Provenance, you will:
- Consult clients on their strategy and approach to supply chain and impact transparency, bringing with you an understanding of sustainability issues within the FMCG industry
- Lead on workshop design, delivery and program management; engaging and influencing stakeholders across Sustainability, Brand, Marketing and Sourcing teams
- Conduct stakeholder interviews to shape understanding of commercial priorities and constraints, as well as existing sustainability initiatives and data systems
- Be responsible for the day-to-day execution and management of the program of work, with responsibility for all client-facing deliverables
- Working with our Product team, establish a deep understanding of our clients’ operations, systems & data points (e.g. certifications, audits, verification, sustainability reporting) to inform technical decisions and integration requirements for software implementation
- Gather and translate client requirements and insights to inform product development
- Continually iterate on the Provenance Transparency Program, to inspire our customers and drive change
- Working closely with our Account Manager and Product leads to ensure long-term client success on the Provenance platform
You’re looking for a role that brings purpose to your day job. You have a passion for sustainability, an interest in future-facing technologies and enabling commerce as a force for good.
- Commercial experience as a consultant, sustainability manager or business analyst (3-5 years), working with top tier FMCG brands
- Proven experience leading or facilitating client workshops with senior stakeholders
- Proven experience managing complex stakeholder groups, conducting interviews and effectively managing multi-stakeholder sensitivities
- Strong program management and project execution experience essential
- Analytical, data-oriented and comfortable manipulating data sets
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, enjoy solving complex problems
- Experience of digital transformation and software implementation would be an advantage
- An adaptable self-starter who thrives in new situations and enjoys the pace of a dynamic start-up environment
- Competitive salary
- Employee share option program (so you can own a piece of the company!)
- Workplace pension
- Flexible working options (both location and times)
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and a half day off on your birthday
- Wellbeing fund dedicated to your mental and physical health
- Learning and development budget to support your career growth (e.g. courses, conferences, workshops)
- Free, sustainably-sourced fresh fruit, snacks, tea/coffee, beers & wine in the office (for when we return to our Hoxton loft office!)
- Team workshops, demos and regular social events