Receive New Job Alerts
PROPER was founded in 2011 by Cassandra Stavrou and Ryan Kohn. Starting out by tumbling popcorn in a refashioned cement mixer, their passionate London-based team have grown from kitchen start-up to global snack favourite in just eight years. Prior to launching new PROPERCHIPS, the colourful snack makers were best known for their award-winning collection of popcorn. Its flavours include classic Lightly Sea Salted and Sweet & Salty, as well as trend-setting Peanut Butter & Almond. Most recently, they launched the UK’s first palm oil free Microwave popcorn and a range dedicated to Kids. Suitable for vegetarians and gluten-free, all recipes are created by their team using delicious natural seasonings and the best quality ingredients.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Technologist to join our Product Team. At PROPER, the Product Team are the tastemakers, creators and gatekeepers of all things product, who ensure our ‘Done Properly’ ethos is embodied within our snacks. We’re looking for a technical enthusiast to bring their experience to our incredibly busy team of seven and develop their career within a rapidly expanding business.
You will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the PROPER technical strategy, with particular focus on the technical implementation of the sustainability agenda.
Your core responsibilities:
- Act as a technical lead in liaising with third party manufacturing partners to ensure products are produced in line with quality, safety and legislation requirements as well as brand and consumer expectations
- Initiate and lead the implementation of quality improvement and existing product development (EPD) projects with suppliers to continually drive superior quality in market
- Lead the technical initiatives of the business sustainability agenda to reduce our Carbon footprint in line with business targets
- Support with the development and implementation of the PROPER Quality Management System
- Lead the technical execution of new product development (NPD) projects, including the assessment and on-boarding of new suppliers as necessary
- BSc in Food Science / Food Technology / Food Manufacturing / Chemical Engineering, at a minimum 2.1 grade
- Minimum 3 years industry experience in a quality / technical role
- A thorough understanding of Quality & Food Safety standards (HACCP, GMP, ISO) as well as BRC
- Audit trained • Sound awareness of food labelling and legislation
- An impressive track record in the delivery of quality improvement projects
- Academic or work-related experience in a Sustainability discipline and previous exposure to Carbon Footprint analysis and b-Corp certification is highly desirable
Last year, we were awarded the “Best Brand to Work For” by Creative Pool. Our canal-side office is home to our team of 45 and several other ambitious start-ups. A 10-minute walk from Angel and Old Street, we have an in-house chef who makes us breakfast and lunch and you’ll get unlimited holiday after 2 years at the company. Goes without saying you’ll have an unlimited supply of snacks as well!
If this sounds like the role and team for you, please send a short covering letter and your CV to [email protected]