About Planet Organic
The simple truth is that foods should be natural and wholesome. We advocate that food be authentic and ethical, freshly prepared and tasty – not a mere convenience. We believe in ethical and sustainable farming and place great emphasis on the provenance of all our products. At Planet Organic you’ll find nutritious, seasonal and organic food with the goodness intact. You’ll find wide ranges of natural health foods suitable for all speciality diets, as well as a ground-breaking raw foods range.
A full time temporary role for a Purchase Ledger Assistant
- Ensuring the Company accurately records and pays the correct amount for stock received by:
- Liaising directly with suppliers and Planet Organic stores.
- Ensuring that the invoice matching software accurately contains all supplier invoices, credit notes and delivery notes.
- Investigating invoicing/delivery discrepancies.
- Resolving and tracking credit notes.
- Completing supplier statement reconciliations.
- Ensure that supplier balances are accurately reconciled within the accounting software.
- Assisting in the operation of the invoice matching software solution:
- Management and administration of all elements of the system.
- Tracking performance and accuracy.
- Investigating and resolving processing issues.
- Providing ad hoc financial analysis to the rest of the business.
- Assisting the Finance Department in the preparation of period end and year end accounts.
- Management of the archiving of documents and paperwork.
- Other administrative department tasks and department cover.
- Good attention to detail.
- Knowledge of GRN and other store level procedures.
- IT literate and confident using Excel and accounting packages such as Sage200.
- Good spoken English and literacy.
- Team player.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise work effectively.
- Good time management to ensure tight deadlines are met.
- Experience of working in a finance department and/or a professional finance related qualification is preferable.
Hours - 40 hours per week Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm (Temporary)
Location - Finance Department