About Planet Organic
The simple truth is that foods should be natural and wholesome. We advocate that food be authentic and ethical, freshly prepared and tasty – not a mere convenience. We believe in ethical and sustainable farming and place great emphasis on the provenance of all our products. At Planet Organic you’ll find nutritious, seasonal and organic food with the goodness intact. You’ll find wide ranges of natural health foods suitable for all speciality diets, as well as a ground-breaking raw foods range.
What, where, how long and how much! (Plus other bits)
What – Team Member, Food to Go
Where – Torrington Place, Central London
How Long – Full Time – 37.5 hours (5 shifts per week including weekends)
How much – £10 per hour
Anything else? – As part of your team you get the following benefits (after completion of probation period)
Why join us?
Like us, you’ll believe that food wasn’t meant to be meddled with or tainted with chemicals. So we’ll always say no to artificial additives, hydrogenated fats, highly processed foods, and of course GM!
We like to promote from within and offer a wide variety of roles. In fact 25% of our people move into different roles (even different stores!) or are promoted every year, in fact, 6 out of our 7 Store Managers started in more junior positions in the business.
We are an equal opportunities employer
When you are at work you can expect to be doing the following:
- Making coffees (Actual proper coffee not just pressing buttons), juices, smoothies and serving hot and cold food.
- Recommending products to customers and answering any questions they have (If you can’t answer it don’t worry – someone else in the team will help you!)
- Providing fantastic customer service in a warm, friendly and engaging way.
- Processing transactions on the till.
- Follow our opening and closing procedures
- Carrying out temperature checks in line with health and safety standards.
- Cleaning and tidying the service and seating areas as required.
What you will bring to the team (and what you will be doing)
You are what you can bring to the team!
We are looking for positive people to join us. A warm, friendly and outgoing personality in order to welcome and engage with our customers is what we are looking for. Customer service is extremely important to Planet Organic and we want people who can smile, acknowledge every customer, have high standards, and are flexible, punctual, reliable and hard working.
We are looking for someone to join our Food to Go department. Ideally, you will have had previous experience either in a coffee or juice bar or in a food service environment. (But don’t worry if you haven’t – there are ways we can teach you!)
Access to our lifestyle portal which has high street discounts, cinema and gym discounts, specifically tailored well-being support and various free training courses.
Employee Payroll Benefits (opened yearly for staff to choose)
- Corporate discounted health and insurance products (PMI, Health Cash Plan, Travel Insurance, Life Assurance, health screening)
- Kids passes getting you discounts to 5000+ family locations
- Dine club membership giving you discounts at thousands of restaurants
- 25% Store discount (from day 1)
- Company Pension
- 28 days holiday (including public holidays)
- 1 extra day holiday for over 3 years’ service
- 2 extra days holiday for over 5 years’ service
- CTW scheme (after 12-month service)
Department: Food To Go
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary: £10 per hour