About Planet Organic
The simple truth is that foods should be natural and wholesome. We advocate that food be authentic and ethical, freshly prepared and tasty – not a mere convenience. We believe in ethical and sustainable farming and place great emphasis on the provenance of all our products. At Planet Organic you’ll find nutritious, seasonal and organic food with the goodness intact. You’ll find wide ranges of natural health foods suitable for all speciality diets, as well as a ground-breaking raw foods range.
Job title: Recruitment Manager
Reports to: Head of HR
Primary responsibility for ensuring recruitment is completed on a timely basis by you or your direct report for all stores, new store openings, head office, the central kitchen and deliveries.
Additionally you will also have responsibility for regular store visits.
- Responsible for ensuring that vacancies are filled on a timely basis in our 8 stores, central Kitchen, Head Office and Deliveries department for management and non management roles.
- Vetting all internal applications requesting transfers or assessing these for promotion.
- Ensuring that there are sufficient, high calibre new starters for our store openings.
- Setting up advertisements on the job boards that we have a relationship with.
- Negotiating favourable terms with these job boards, and assessing their suitability.
- Exploring and recommending other online providers.
- Ensuring that a weekly vacancy list is made available to stores.
- Screening of CVs and sending shortlisted suitable candidates to the relevant Store Managers/ Dept. Managers.
- Ensure that good / potential candidates are responded to if there is no suitable position available.
- Support of Store Managers with recruitment and assessment process, conducting interviews when needed.
- Source high calibre candidates for Head Office departments that include Buying, Finance and HR.
- Ensuring all job descriptions are kept up to date and are easy to understand.
- Working with the L&D Manager on maintaining our trainee and apprenticeship scheme and recruiting candidates for these.
- Making recommendations of how we can ensure that we have a regular supply of candidates for our Health and Bodycare vacancies.
Learning and development
- Support on delivering half a day of induction of the weekly Monday and Tuesday induction for new starters, if needed.
- Working with the Learning & Development Manager on recruitment skills training.
- Regular visits to stores to speak to store teams, and provide support.
- Keeping up to date with employment legislation.
- Ensure that probation reviews and appraisals are completed on time and any ER issues are dealt with by the Store Managers.
Motivation, morale and employee communication
- Supporting on staff parties and other events.
Analysis and Metrics
- Providing 4 weekly updates on time to hire statistics.
- Managing and developing the Recruitment Co-ordinator to ensure that they are confident in their responsibilities.
- Personal learning and development – e.g. attending external seminars.
- Flexibility of working weekends to conduct induction, approximately once a quarter.
- Previous experience of recruitment ideally with exposure of recruiting at store and Head office level.
- In touch with the latest developments in recruitment and able to bring ideas to the table.
- We are a fast growing business with a culture where people support their colleagues so you will need to have a willingness to get involved in other areas of HR e.g. dealing with employee relations issues.
- Willing to travel to stores.
- A warm and friendly, outgoing personality with the ability to engage with people.