About Planet Organic
The simple truth is that foods should be natural and wholesome. We advocate that food be authentic and ethical, freshly prepared and tasty – not a mere convenience. We believe in ethical and sustainable farming and place great emphasis on the provenance of all our products. At Planet Organic you’ll find nutritious, seasonal and organic food with the goodness intact. You’ll find wide ranges of natural health foods suitable for all speciality diets, as well as a ground-breaking raw foods range.
THIS IS AN EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN OUR BRAND NEW HAMPSTEAD STORE!!
Job Purpose (overview of the role)
As part of the Food to Go team you will deliver great customer service, learn about the products in your area to be able to explain them to the customer, learn how to make barista made coffees, work efficiently and follow all procedures and health and safety guidelines.
Salary: £9.90 per hour
Hours; 22.5 – 37.5 flexible contract
You will work in a variety of different areas in Food to Go:
- Coffee – where you will learn to work to barista level and be able to make a variety of coffees and speciality drinks.
- Juices – you will help to prepare the fruit and ingredients required in our juice and smoothie menus and then make these to order.
- Food – you will be able to serve this food to customers.
- Tills – put through customer transactions quickly and efficiently.
- Health and safety – you will ensure that you follow all requirements relating to health and safety and food safety for example temperature checks and keeping the area clean and tidy.
- Support your Team Leader and Duty Manager with completing departmental tasks.
- This may involve working in areas outside of your normal duties e.g. helping with the washing up or working in other areas of the store.
- Enthusiastically describe the food and beverages that are being served
- Describe the benefits of organic and natural products
- Recommend products that meet different dietary requirements
- Learn the ingredients and the benefits of new food to go menus
- Make customers a priority
- Greet and engage all customers
- Make recommendations about additional items to customers
- Make every customer experience fun, educational and rewarding
- Work and demonstrates a sense of urgency
- Complete new starter and Food to Go training
- Learn to make coffee to Barista level
- Make fresh juice and smoothies to company standards
- Serve customers at pace
- Follow high standards of Food Safely and Health & Safety
- Adhere to Planet Organic’s grooming standards.
- Able to undertake shift work across all days of the week and weekends
- Stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Lift gastronomes
- Stretch across the counter
- Move trolleys
- Operate machinery e.g. juicers, blenders, coffee machines and ovens.