Receive New Job Alerts
Welcome to PANGAIA, a materials science company on a mission to save our environment. We are a global collective of one heart and many hands — scientists, technologists, designers — creating essential products from innovative tech and bio-engineered materials.
We design products for living in, for any situation and for basic needs. We create our products with smart technology and use as many sustainable & recyclable elements as possible.
PANGAIA is searching for someone who can lead the technical and product development for a new, exciting venture within PANGAIA. This candidate will play a critical role in shaping PANGAIA’s future, and will work closely with the leadership team to drive the technological vision for the company. This is a high volume and quick turnaround company, so someone who is capable of thriving in these circumstances is essential for joining our team.
- Oversee all technological resources for new venture; and establish the technology vision, user experience (UI / UX), navigation system, and product implementation & execution in partnership with third-party
- Shape, articulate, and execute the engineering / technical strategy and partner with the project team for the delivery from launch to scale.
- Responsible for executive technology decisions - including software architecture, software development lifecycle, type of technologies used, and overall prioritisation of work and projects
- Identify key technology partnerships, vendors, and agencies required and manage technological build-out.
- Strong background in data science, software development, AI / machine learning, and automation; develop and implement data strategy to meet OKR’s and KPI’s, and leverage data effectively
- Lead system and quality assurance processes to ensure the protection of assets while maintaining and evolving needs.
- Help build out front-end and back-end software engineering team
- Help implement a scalable and iterative development process; work within an agile team, contributing to daily stand-ups, sprint planning and estimations.
- Manage and implement integrations with 3rd-party technology platforms.
- Budget management for all elements of technology delivery.
- Track, evaluate and monitor platform performance metrics.
- A continual focus on how to scale and simplify products by using innovative technology solutions.
- Stay current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed.
- Focus on user needs and optimum user experience
- Stack experience (languages, databases, middleware, Api’s, high transactional style systems).
- Former coder, who can still demonstrate technical excellence to the business and engineers.
- Able to build a team, hiring SDE and SDMs and providing direct day to day management.
- Significant experience in software architecture and building digital products from early-stage through to scaling and maturity.
- Background in Engineering influence positions, growing, guiding, and scaling high-performing
- Technical teams with a code-quality mindset.
- Deep understanding of Agile development methodologies.
- Experience working with third-party integrations.
- Direct involvement with multi-sided marketplaces and/or in retail e-commerce is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills at the exec board level.
- Strong people director; ability to create a culture at an org level.
- PHD/MS/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; MBA or other relevant graduate degree is a plus.
- You are forward thinking, focused on performance initiatives and driven to implement cutting edge technology
- You are very motivated, hard-working and are comfortable working at a fast pace
- You have strong attention detail and can accurately articulate understanding of strategy, objectives and briefs
- You are able to build and maintain valuable relationships with your colleagues
- You are a team player with excellent communication & interpersonal skills