Receive New Job Alerts
Are you ready to help others reach their full potential through better sleep? Are you ready to make a difference?
Oura is an award-winning and fast-growing startup that helps people track all stages of sleep and activity using the Oura Ring and connected app. By providing daily feedback and practical steps to inspire healthy lifestyles, we've helped hundreds of thousands of people improve their sleep, understand their bodies, and transform their health. We’re on a mission to empower every person to own their inner potential, and we’re seeking talented individuals to join us on our journey.
JOIN THE OURA TEAM
Oura is full of skilled experts (not the snooty types) and we’re known to share a good laugh every now and then. We always strive to learn more and dig deeper into our research and analytics, to stay engaged and creative in everything we do. We respect our partners, privacy and the scientific method.
We are a multi-disciplinary team of over 100 experts in hardware engineering, software development, machine learning, bioscience, sleep, industrial and UX design, production, marketing and customer experience. Are you one of us?
Oura is looking for Head of Content to develop and lead an integrated effort across all of our owned communications channels. The right candidate has experience defining, developing and deploying a world-class, channel agnostic content strategy. You are empathetic, strategic, curious, a storyteller, and an expert at making the complex simple and entertaining.
You’ve led content for a global brand, and have experience bringing a single narrative to life through multiple distribution streams – from social to email to long-form. You will be embedded in our brand team and deeply connected to our product and science teams as a we blaze new trails in the science of the human body and the power of technology to harness its innate power.
In this role, you will be responsible for defining how we communicate and connect with our audience and extracting the brilliance from our product and science teams to develop content that educates and empowers a new wave of health empowerment. This role reports to the Head of Marketing.
- Define and develop a holistic content strategy based on the Oura brand including, but not limited to – editorial focus, editorial voice and distribution strategy
- Developing a world class editorial team that can educate, empower, entertain, and grows Oura’s audience
- Oversee omni-channel distribution of all content and manage the performance of those channels from social to email to Oura’s blog
- Closely collaborate with the performance and growth team to ensure content drives the Oura business forward and meets commercial objectives.
- Develop and maintain a progressive and future forward approach to content as a brand growth and audience connection tool, keeping Oura on the leading edge of distribution platforms
- Collaborate with all pertinent internal stakeholders to extract necessary content to drive Oura’s narrative forward.
- Maintain the product and feature roadmap and spec out new initiatives (including writing requirements, user stories, and acceptance criteria for both consumer-facing features and backend functionality)
- You have 7+ years experience in an editorial role either for a consumer brand or a publisher
- Have a mastery of narrative and editorial strategy
- Understand the power of multi channel narrative and experience deploying content across new media platforms
- Experience in health / science journalism and content isn’t mandatory, but it’s a welcome bonus
- A player-coach mindset with a thirst for progress balanced with the vision to build a sustainable approach
- An insatiable curiosity
- Deeply curious about why features do/do not work for a user
- Appreciation of Oura's brand and interest in health, wellness, and sleep
- Positive, can-do attitude and hustle to make a big impact in a resource-constrained environment
- Interest in tech, wellness, health, and sleep.
- Enjoys cross-cultural communication.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior startup experience preferred
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness benefits
- Flexible working hours + work-life balance
- An Oura ring of your own
- Beautiful workspace in San Francisco by Pier 31
- 20 days of PTO
- Amazing culture of collaborative and passionate coworkers