Receive New Job Alerts
lululemon is a yoga-inspired technical apparel company up to big things. The practice and philosophy of yoga informs our overall purpose to elevate the world through the power of practice. We are proud to be a growing global company with locations all around the world, from Vancouver to Shanghai, and places in between. We owe our success to our innovative product, our emphasis on our stores, our commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we get to make in every community we are in.
About This Team
The Merchandising team creates and executes transformative global product strategies that ensure we have the right assortment in the right place at the right time to fulfill our guests’ unmet needs to deepen our guest relationships, grow our brand and deliver on our long-term enterprise goals. We possess deep awareness and intuition of global marketplace dynamics and regional guest needs and use this knowledge to identify opportunities to maximize guest demand.
The Regional Merchant is responsible for delivering region-specific insights to the Global Merchandising team to inform regional product strategies. This is inclusive of financial goals, metrics, local product, cultural and guest insights. They are an analytical thinker who can balance foresight, insight and hindsight to draw critical business conclusions and work closely with cross-functional partners throughout the product lifecycle for in-season execution and management of their product category through weekly business analysis, corresponding actions, open-to-buy and product exit. This individual can adjust the game plan with agility to drive sell strategy and deliver product intent across all guest touch points, including visual merchandising, retail and digital experience.
- Share Regional insights (guest, products, market trends) with Global Merchandising, informing product strategies and regional style needs
- In collaboration with the Manager, develop Regional merchandising strategies and omni channel approach for the season (department and class) for their business categories
- Develop Regional pricing product architecture, as informed by Global strategy
- Identify fast turn style needs to round out regional assortment needs
- Collaborate with Planning to execute seasonal regional buys against global product and financial goals
- Prepare and present decks for Buy Reviews (incl. strategies, attributing, investments, flow, etc)
- Throughout each buy cycle partner with VM, Digital and Store Planning to inform and execute against initiatives and regional strategies.
- Prior to and in season, identify changes to targeted in-store date and recommend options to maximize flow
- Review business each week/month/season, delivering recaps and actions based on insights and inventory composition, including exit strategies
- Specialization in Retail or Merchandising Management an asset
- Minimum five years of Merchandising or Buying experience is required. Vertical retail and/or omni channel experience is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Program and mastery in excel, proficiency in PO and Price Management software
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret multiple data points across numerous channels and market segments
- Mastery of retail mathematics, including elements of markup, margin, planning, open to buy and investor productivity
- Ability to balance analytical and creative tasks
- Strong understanding of season-to-season business performance and ability to drive business based on key financial indicators in order to maximize business opportunities
- Acute eye for product and colour trends
- Aware of macro lifestyle and fashion trends and how this relates to the active and wellness industry
- Strong knowledge of regional guest base in order to curate assortment for geographic region
- Ability to enroll, lead and influence key cross functional partners
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal and demonstrative ability to present to Senior leadership
- Ability to work independently to make sound business decision; and multitask, pivot, prioritize competing tasks and operate in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel (domestic and international) and work on the retail floor
- Acknowledges the presence of choice in every moment and takes personal responsibility for their life.
- Possesses an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovates to achieve great results.
- Communicates with honesty and kindness and creates the space for others to do the same.
- Leads with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Fosters connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrates fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take themselves too seriously.