Olivia Wollenberg has allowed us all to say a wholehearted ‘yes' to indulgent treats all over again. Livia’s takes the most simple ingredients and makes them into the most sublime tasting treats. The idea was born out of her own intolerances that were diagnosed 4 years ago. There was a clear gap in the market for treats that really hit the sweet spot but were made without the ingredients she and so many had to or chose to stay away from. So, she set out to fill this gap and and has done just that. Livia’s now has 4 highly innovative product ranges which are listed in some of the UK’s major retailers.
Livia’s is THE brand shaking up the world of confectionery, thanks to its unrivalled innovation, unlimited ambitions, inclusive social approach and four truly unique product ranges. We take the simplest of ingredients and transform them into the most sublime tasting treats. Crafting confectionery for the future, the entire range of sweet-treats is vegan, gluten & dairy free, with no nasties and no additives.
Livia’s is all about a celebration of product and taste. Here at Livia’s we believe that treating yourself should be something that you are proud of and that you do well. We stand apart from other brands in the free-from market because we make indulgence something to celebrate. Taste always comes first and we always ensure that our treats are unanimously loved by anyone and everyone – intolerances or not!
It all started out of Olivia’s parents’ kitchen 5 years ago and since then the company has seen +160% YoY growth and is now listed in Tesco, Sainsburys, Waitrose and Boots to name a few.
Livia’s is a small team, which is growing FAST so be prepared to roll up your sleeves and jump into your roll. You’ll be working really closely with the Head of Product and Olivia to work on our product range. Your technical and product development skills will be key in taking kitchen concepts to the next level. As part of the Product Team you’ll be responsible for consistently evaluating and improving our products to ensure that we are the most delicious free-from and innovative confectionery brand in the market.
You’ll be supporting our Head of Product with various projects including shelf life testing, quality control and recipe development. You will be trialling recipes in the kitchen and working with our Head of Product to scale them up for big scale factory production.
• Conducting taste panels and shelf life testing
• Continuously working on improving recipes and extending shelf life of products
• Assisting with new product development
• Support the Head of Product in taking kitchen concepts all the way to product launch
• Coming up with new ideas of natural ingredients that can be used for the Livia’s range
• Reviewing the shelf life of existing products and new innovation and working creatively to come up with solutions to extend these
• Weekly taste panel of each batch produced to ensure that it meets our exacting standards
• Organising external taste panels with the wider public for existing products and new products which have not yet hit the shelves
• Work on projects to help improve the quality of our products
• Support the Head of Product with complaints and ensure that each quality complaint is investigated and actions are completed
• Support the Head of Product on working on kitchen recipes and developing these in a timely manner to deliver consumer expectations
• Work with our Head of Product to agreed project timelines
• Design trials and internal tasting sessions with our team to determine next steps
• When necessary, work with our Head of Product to scale up our products into industrial trials
• 1st or 2.1 degree in Food Science or closely related field
• Attention to detail
• Minimum 1–2 years’ experience in a related food role (ideally in gluten-free bakery)
• Communication skills - able to communicate clearly on technical issues and work with necessary parties to ensure quality issues are resolved
• Organised and good time management
• Creative thinker – there are so many challenges with product development and maintaining high quality standards, you’ll need to be enthusiastic, able to think creatively and experiment to find a solution
We offer a competitive packaging which includes (but is not limited to):
• 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
• A pension contribution scheme
• An exciting and fast-paced working environment
• A supportive team with monthly social events
• Bundles of free snacks
• The opportunity to be part of a growing company
• A great work-space with a ‘start-up’ feel in London