Olivia Wollenberg has allowed us all to say a wholehearted ‘yes' to indulgent treats all over again. Livia’s takes the most simple ingredients and makes them into the most sublime tasting treats. The idea was born out of her own intolerances that were diagnosed 4 years ago. There was a clear gap in the market for treats that really hit the sweet spot but were made without the ingredients she and so many had to or chose to stay away from. So, she set out to fill this gap and and has done just that. Livia’s now has 4 highly innovative product ranges which are listed in some of the UK’s major retailers.
Livia’s is THE brand shaking up the world of confectionery, thanks to its unrivalled innovation, unlimited ambitions, inclusive social approach and four truly unique product ranges. It all started out of Olivia’s parents’ kitchen 5 years ago and since then the company has seen +160% YoY growth and is now listed in Tesco, Sainsburys, Waitrose and Boots to name a few.
Livia’s is looking for someone who will live and breathe the brand and who is ready to take the lead on the supply and procurement side of the business and create their own processes and team. You will also be included in the management team, meaning you have the opportunity to really have an impact on the wider team and to help with strategy and problem solving in a wider capacity.
We are experiencing phenomenal growth and we need to build the resource and processes to efficiently deliver the growth. The brand and company is wonderfully unique in so many ways; we are a small team and a challenger brand taking on the mass market.
As part of a leadership team, you will have responsibility for the end-to-end supply chain within the business. This will encompass everything in and around demand & production forecasting, packaging, manufacturing, warehousing, distribution & customer service. You will work closely with our commercial director and Head of Finance in shaping the supply chain within the growth of the company. You will have responsibility for looking after ERP systems implementation & improvements, as well as driving cost and process efficiencies across the supply chain.
You will become a champion of relationships with retailer supply chain team and in time develop a first-class customer service process working with 2 x warehouses.
- As part of an S&OP process (with commercial, finance & marketing) produce monthly demand forecasts
- Transform a demand forecast into a production forecast in line with stock holding targets and ageing stock rotation
- Provide recommendations and solutions to capacity constraints, including taking a commercial & pragmatic approach to capacity constraints
- Work alongside manufacturers to provide rolling 12 weeks production forecasts
- Work closely with retailer supply chain teams on short and long term demand, including promotion activity & rates of sales
- Manage forecasting & procurement of all packaging materials – ensuring adequate supply at manufacturing sites
- Continuously looks to improve the cost of packaging materials
- Manage monthly stock count of materials at all production sites and warehouses & reconcile to ERP system
- Liaise with production sites and suppliers around material movements
- Manage direct and indirect ingredient suppliers – including forecasts, heads of terms & contract provision where necessary.
- Create weekly production orders in line with a rolling 12 week production forecast to manufacturer
- Work with manufacturer and suppliers to ensure that production & purchase orders are made on time & in full
- Develop full material demand plan based on production requirements. Ingredients and packaging included
Warehousing & Distribution
- Book transport to and from production sites & manage inbound goods to 2 x warehouse locations
- Work closely with the warehouses on FIFO stock rotation and ageing stock allocations
- Ensure both warehouses work continuously to achieve a 98% OTIF (On time in full) measure
- Review & report weekly the company’s stock position and highlight any risk in & around ageing stock
- Produce action plans around stock allocations, marketing & sampling stock
- Review warehousing & logistics costs regularly to ensure distribution costs track at 4% of sales turnover
- Review logistics suppliers to ensure pallet & cartons rates are
- Communicate stock shortages to retailers and work with them to ensure replenishment on shorted products
- Carry out a monthly stock reconciliation of finished goods inventory vs ERP system
- Feeding directly into CEO
- Team management
- Strategic overview of total business
- Full ownership of their function ie finance
- Ambitious go getters required to help shape the future of Livia’s
- Team development
- Systems & processes implementation & recommendations
- 7 years + experience in FMCG supply, ideally from the food industry
- Knowledge of manufacturing , warehousing & distributing products with relatively short shelf life
- Forecasting & production planning skills
- Experience of working with retailer supply chain teams
- Experience of working cross functionally with finance, commercial & NPD teams
- Experience of budget management & cost management
- Knowledge of packaging and ingredient procurement
- Strong communication & relationship management skills
- Highly analytical with strong Excel skills
- Driven, ambitious and self-motivating
- The ability to juggle numerous projects simultaneously under time constraints
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Fast learner and fast thinker
- Great team player & willing to get stuck into other areas of the business when needed
- Previous Export experience would be a bonus
We offer a competitive packaging which includes (but is not limited to): • 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- A pension contribution scheme
- An exciting and fast-paced working environment
- A supportive team with monthly social events
- Bundles of free snacks
- The opportunity to be part of a growing company
- A great work-space with a ‘start-up’ feel in London