Olivia Wollenberg has allowed us all to say a wholehearted ‘yes' to indulgent treats all over again. Livia’s takes the most simple ingredients and makes them into the most sublime tasting treats. The idea was born out of her own intolerances that were diagnosed 4 years ago. There was a clear gap in the market for treats that really hit the sweet spot but were made without the ingredients she and so many had to or chose to stay away from. So, she set out to fill this gap and and has done just that. Livia’s now has 4 highly innovative product ranges which are listed in some of the UK’s major retailers.
Livia’s is THE brand shaking up the world of confectionery, thanks to its unrivalled innovation, unlimited ambitions, inclusive social approach and four truly unique product ranges. It all started out of Olivia’s parents’ kitchen 5 years ago and since then the company has seen +160% YoY growth and is now listed in Tesco, Sainsburys, Waitrose and Boots to name a few.
Livia’s are looking for a highly talented, detailed and commercially savvy finance professional. You will report into the part-time Finance Director with a dotted reporting line to the Founder of the business and be a sounding board for commercial and operational decisions going forward.
This role will be split between day-to-day processing of accounting records and helping with commercial decision-making. You will have responsibility for all month-end reporting Including preparing monthly management and liaising with external auditors.
• Preparation, analysis and commentary of monthly accounts (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement)
• Support S&OP process with analysis and reporting tools, attend meetings to challenge commercial assumptions
Budget / Forecast management
• Assist the sales, marketing and operations teams in managing their budgets
• Work with the Finance Director to explore opportunities to reduce costs and improve margin
Commercial and Operational analysis
• Assist the sales team with commercial evaluations
• Product monthly margin and profitability analysis on product lines
Day to day processes
• All day to day bookkeeping including invoicing, credit control and processing payments • Manage the banking and monitoring cash flow requirements
• Liaise with external accountants on payroll, VAT submissions and regulatory reporting
• Qualified finance professional or qualified by experience, ideally with experience in an SME environment and a background in FMCG, retail or consumer sectors
• An organised self-starter able to keep to reporting deadlines
• Good Excel, highly numerate with good excel skills and ideally knowledge of the Xero accounting system
• Great people person who can work easily with others in the business
• Ability to work in and demonstrate a strong understanding of an ever-changing, entrepreneurial start up
• Resilience to deal with the inevitable knock-backs that occur in a start-up environment
• An exposure or knowledge of supply chain a real benefit
• Excellent attention to detail and the ability to meet tight timelines
• Self-aware, open to feedback and willing to try new things
We offer a competitive packaging which includes (but is not limited to):
• 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
• A pension contribution scheme
• An exciting and fast-paced working environment
• A supportive team with monthly social events
• Bundles of free snacks
• The opportunity to be part of a growing company • A great work-space with a ‘start-up’ feel in London