Receive New Job Alerts
Hungryroot is an online grocery service that delivers modern, healthy food with recipe and meal planning support. Hungryroot’s mission is to help people feel their best by making it easier to shop for, cook, and love healthy food. In addition to offering a curated selection of modern brands, Hungryroot develops its own in-house line of innovative healthy products—like Black Bean Brownie Batter—and is challenging the traditional CPG model by building a customer-driven innovation platform to push outdated American grocery offerings into the 21st century.
The Office Manager plays a vital role at Hungryroot by maintaining an efficient, productive, and positive workplace while also contributing to our culture and employee experience. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in our daily operations, be a cross-functional team player and make a meaningful impact from day one.
The ideal candidate is a problem-solver at heart with a professional yet approachable communication style and a keen ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with constantly evolving priorities. Anticipating the needs of your team, you resolve operational and administrative issues before they arise. You are comfortable organizing information and you never let anything slip through the cracks.
- Be the face of our office - warmly welcome our candidates and visitors and own our guest experience
- Take ownership of our facilities - maintain a professional look of our office including upkeep of conference rooms, kitchen cleanliness, storage organization, shipping, supplies, and repairs.
- Manage vendors including food and beverage, janitorial, IT, and more, and maintain various office equipment and supplies inventory.
- Foster our company culture through assisting to plan and execute internal and external events such as company celebrations, company retreats, special events, team meetings
- Assist with on-boarding of new employees, including coordination to prove new team members with all appropriate technology and supplies
- Respond to and resolve day-to-day facilities issues and requests from the Hungryroot team in a timely fashion
- Answer main phone line; respond to or forward inquiries as appropriate
- Keep kitchen stocked full of food, drinks and supplies
- Deliver, accept and unpack all mail, packages, and food deliveries
- Manage the conference room booking process and ensure all technology is working properly and set up correctly for presentations and meetings
- Work closely with our recruiting team to ensure a flawless candidate experience. Own our day-of welcome packets, and candidate swag shipments.
- Assist with ad-hoc projects, depending on the needs of the team
- 2+ years of work experience in an administrative/office management role
- Natural communicator with an interest in building community, and authentic relationships.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and effectively with senior leaders and external partners while maintaining confidentiality and discretion
- Outstanding attention to detail, organizational skills, and a strong sense of urgency.
- Self-starter with a positive, proactive, can-do attitude.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and change priorities at the drop of a hat.
- Desire to improve processes and find the best long-term solutions.
- Tech-savvy, particularly with Google work suite (Gmail, Drive, Calendar), Slack, and others
- “No task is too small” attitude
- Based at our Manhattan Office, just south of Madison Square Park (note, we are currently working remotely)
- Reports to our Director of People
- Competitive compensation + subsidized health benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Monthly Hungryroot credit
- Universal paid parental leave
- A working environment filled with passionate, happy, smart people