Receive New Job Alerts
Huel provides complete food, simply delivered. It's completely balanced, providing you with all 26 essential vitamins and minerals, protein, essential fats, carbs, fibre and phytonutrients. Our mission is to make nutritionally complete, convenient, affordable food, with minimal impact on animals and the environment.
We have sold over 100 million meals to over 100 countries.
Huel is a private company with over 90 employees, operating out of the UK (Tring, London, Birmingham) and US (New York). We’re delighted with what Huel has become and how it has helped people.
As we grow internationally, we must continue to deliver a world-class experience to our passionate community of Hueligans, while meeting local needs. We are looking to hire a driven, creative and analytical, Country Manager to grow and nurture our Japan market through marketing activation and the end-to-end customer journey. You will be responsible for driving performance and revenue growth, leading the direction for our internal teams to execute campaigns and projects locally and ultimately drive new customer acquisition. Huel has the potential to grow in our Japanese markets and we are looking for a talented individual to unlock this potential.
- Business development and strategy:
- Define and deliver Japan market strategy.
- Localise Huel proposition in Japan and increase customer relevance.
- Scoping out new opportunities specific to the Japan region including delivery, payment, marketing, partnerships, product innovation...
- Trade and commercial development:
- Monitor performance, lead analysis and turn insights into actions. Must be comfortable with digging into data, set up reportings as well as working cross-functionally with finance and insights manager.
- Manage Japan forecast and delivering a business plan.
- Driving and delivering the day to day performance of the Japan-speaking market, website and end-to-end customer journey, assuring key metrics including conversion, CPA and margin are on target by taking appropriate actions.
- Optimise customer journey including but not limited to:
- Identify trends in the wider market through regular insight check-ins and competitor analysis that can translate into commercial opportunities.
- Auditing the Huel experience and recommending improvements to fit German-speaking customer needs. (Payments, delivery, marketing, products…)
- Marketing: Launching a test and learn plan for new marketing activity. Working with internal Brand & Performance Marketing teams on marketing communications and campaigns.
- E-commerce experience: Personalising the country site to optimise user experience by working with our content team to launch A/B tests as a strategy alongside with onsite team.
- Product innovation: Developing new frameworks to optimise the new product development pipeline for Japanese audiences.
- Knowledge of Ecommerce trading and Japan region.
- Extensive knowledge & understanding of the Japan market & consumption habits.
- Go-to-market planning, business development experience
- Excellent reporting and analysis of KPIs.
- Must have a very good understanding of Marketing including performance and campaign optimisation.
- Results orientated, with a focus on data, communication and collaboration skills.
- Natural leader, you are very comfortable with and having experience working and ultimately leading a dotted-line cross-functional team.
- Japanese native-level language (ideally) and fluent English.
- Role-based in Tring or London. Flexible working possible.
- The opportunity to work in a collaborative environment where you can have a real impact from day one
- Competitive salary
- Share options
- Flexible working
- Free on-site gym including Personal Training & Yoga
- Pension scheme
- Optional private healthcare
- Free Huel (of course!)