About House of Wisdom
House of Wisdom is a space to balance body and mind, reconnect with your true self and expand your knowledge. Everything you need is within. This is your House of Wisdom.
House of Wisdom is a social wellness space that offers the support you need on your journey of self-discovery, personal transformation and self-love.
We offer a curated programme, based on ancient practices and supported by modern science, centred around mental health, well-being and self-empowerment.
Are you a passionate, outgoing individual with a focus and love for wellbeing? Do you love nourishing yourself through vibrant food and get excited about trying new recipes? We are looking to recruit a passionate chef who can develop our menu and grow our cafe team. We are looking for someone who has a positive and proactive approach, with a creative nature and a love for food that is eager to be part of a growing business.
- Preparation of cafe and counters before, during and at the end of service.
- Deliver amazing standards of customer service and care.
- Preparing food for the cafe. Service of hot and cold beverages, and other food items.
- Demonstrating the highest standards of customer welcome and care when assisting customers.
- Giving advice, guidance and recommendations on products and menu selection to customers to ensure a positive experience and repeat business.
- Ensuring adequate stock levels of supplies and consumables for café area, managing orders and stock rotation.
- Keeping the areas tidy and clean including table clearing, removing dirties and waste.
- Handling customer complaints in the first instance and reporting feedback to the Managers.
- Working within established guidelines and operating procedures.
Ensuring compliance with all legislation, H&S and food hygiene.
- Having a friendly and engaging personality, a good communicator, able to work under pressure.
- Comfortable working with members of the public, able to initiate conversations and provide a sincere welcome and enjoy providing good service.
- Need to be willing to learn, take instruction and work under own initiative, supporting other team members and able to multi-task.
- You should be passionate about food, wellness, fitness and health.
- You should have a comprehensive understanding of the menu.
- An effective, well organised and efficient team player with a strong sense of discipline and urgency.
- Food Hygiene training / qualifications.
- Trained Barista experience advantageous.
- Opportunity to work in a one of a kind nourishing space focused on improving the mental health and wellbeing of all who enter our doors.
- Ability to pick, develop and lead your own team
- Complimentary studio sessions outside of work hours.
- 10% discount in store (Incentives apply after probationary).
- 10% friends and family discount for in store product, sessions, class packs and workshops (Incentives apply after probationary).
- 40-45hrs per week Monday-Friday. May have to be flexible to work some weekends. £22k pa