Receive New Job Alerts
About Holland & Barrett
Holland & Barrett International is one of the world’s leading health and wellness retailers and the largest in Europe, supplying its customers with a wide range of vitamins, minerals, health supplements, specialist foods and natural beauty products. With over 145 years of experience in the industry, our name is a familiar sight in almost every major city and town across the UK and is becoming increasingly more visible further afield, in markets as diverse as the Netherlands and Malta to the UAE, China and India.
Location: Nuneaton / Remote – A combination of office and remote working
Are you looking for a fantastic opportunity to progress to the next stage of your PR career, in an exciting and challenging role within a fast-paced and evolving organisation?
Reporting to the Head of PR, the PR assistant will work with the team and PR agency to activate corporate, consumer and community PR plans and influencer outreach that bring our brand mission, purpose and commercial plan to life.
The successful candidate will be starting out in their career in PR and will be looking for a role that introduces them to consumer and corporate PR. They will play a role in delivering a new approach to driving relevance and brand love for the Holland & Barratt brand across media, influencers and opinion formers.
- Supporting with the implementation of PR, media relations and social influencer campaigns
- Management of Regional PR for store openings and refits, including writing and selling in press releases and co-ordination with local marketing campaigns
- Management and creation of Value e-alerts for media
- Writing, proofing and uploading content to be shared on LinkedIn
- Management of charity and community activity
- Helping organise and run PR/influencer events
- Supporting with influencer and journalist outreach
- Running influencer gifting programme
- Monitoring industry news and competitor brands
- Admin support for budgeting and product samples
You'll be a creative comms professional with a related degree and will be able to demonstrate relevant work experience / internships in a PR related position – preferably in the consumer / retail and/or the health and wellness sector.
We're looking for:
- Someone with a passion for helping people make wellness a way of life for everyone
- Someone with proactive and reactive media relations experience
- A quick learner who can hit the ground running, and loves a fast-paced work environment
- A team player with strong relationship building skills who is able to build internal networks and ways of working with others
- A ‘streetwise' and ‘savvy' individual who can roll their sleeves up to deliver a step change in PR at this much-loved British Brand!
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience managing deadlines
- An eye for detail, commercially minded and passionate about adding value
- Ability to work in a high pressured ever evolving environment
- Must be able to multi-task, manage several deliverables simultaneously, work independently and be extremely flexible in order to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Confident with Microsoft Office suite with advanced level Excel abilities
In addition to competitive salary, company benefits and flexible working, you can expect support and encouragement to build your career. We recognise talent and you will receive substantial professional development. You will receive the support, tools and encouragement to make your mark and succeed in this role. This is a great opportunity to put a career defining success on your CV!