Receive New Job Alerts
About Holland & Barrett
Holland & Barrett International is one of the world’s leading health and wellness retailers and the largest in Europe, supplying its customers with a wide range of vitamins, minerals, health supplements, specialist foods and natural beauty products. With over 145 years of experience in the industry, our name is a familiar sight in almost every major city and town across the UK and is becoming increasingly more visible further afield, in markets as diverse as the Netherlands and Malta to the UAE, China and India.
At Holland and Barrett we have a strong vision and purpose that encompasses health and wellbeing. We want to be loved and trusted by our colleagues who are at the heart of everything we do. This role is pivotal in ensuring we provide a service to them that lives our EPIC values. The HR Shared Services Manager will be instrumental in shaping a culture that organically embraces those values foremost.
The HR Shared Service Manager will be responsible for leading our HR Shared Services team supporting the delivery of an exceptional HR service across our UK and Ireland organisation. The role will be reporting to the Head of HR Shared Services & HRIS, and you will be leading a team of HR Shared Service Colleagues.
You will be responsible for managing the transactional, operational, and basic advisory support for the business, whilst also being happy and willing to get involved in the day to day operations with key stakeholders. The HR Shared Services team are a critical component in ensuring that all aspects of the Colleague transactional life cycle are undertaken within contractual, regulatory, policy and legislative frameworks.
This is a time of significant change within the department and organisation; therefore, the HR Shared Service Manager will be instrumental in seeking solutions to streamline and make positive change to key processes and service within a fast-paced environment having previously managed within an established HR Shared Service function.
- Accountable and responsible for the HR Shared Service administration processes, key people metrics which support the Colleague lifecycle.
- Manage quality, effectiveness, efficiency and continuously improve the HR Shared Service department
- Ensure the effective maintenance of all appropriate records, including HR systems and other databases.
- Ensure all services delivered are done so in accordance with agreed policies and procedures
- Cultivate the adoption of our EPIC values within the HR Shared Service Team
- Oversee the maintenance of all employment files, databases, and records to company standards.
- Creating an environment where Colleagues are encouraged to share new ideas, and are supportive of each other's strengths and development needs
- Builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders including Directors
- Assist the Head of HR Shared Services & HRIS and wider HR function in the management and delivery of appropriate projects that support the continuous development and improvement of the HR Shared Services.
- Provide team training on new or changed processes and protocols, bring legislative changes to life and ensure the team is regularly refreshed and updated, and take ownership of their continuous professional development
- Provide a pro-active and high quality HR Shared Service ensuring all Service Level Agreements and KPI's are met, within a service orientated culture.
- As part of the current transformation, you will support in building a true HR Shared Service center with defined career paths, that support our employee value proposition.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills, communicating effectively at all levels. Creates a positive impact with gravitas and credibility within the organisation and externally
- Innovation: Forward thinking about streamlining processes for ultimate efficiency internally and externally
- Commercial Acumen: Good understanding of how business operates and is inquisitive and interested to establish how you can add value to all business areas.
- Influencing and persuading: Proven relationship building skills with the ability to influence and negotiate effectively across all levels
- Facilitation: Able to facilitate team and individual thinking processes
- Prioritisation: Effectively manages the workload against competing demands. Is structured and organised
- Organization and Planning: Excellent problem solving, with ability to probe and establish real issues and identify correct solutions
- Numerate and analytical: Is confident with numbers and can interpret financial reports. Takes a logical and methodical approach to the analysis of information to draw accurate conclusions before making informed decisions.
- Project Management: Ability to effectively develop and manage project plans, engaging and managing all key stakeholders to ensure required outputs are delivered on time and to the required standards
- Decision Making: Considers all of the appropriate factors when deciding a course of action