Receive New Job Alerts
At HelloFresh we make it easy for you to cook delicious dinners from scratch every time. You choose your favourite dishes from our weekly menu and we’ll deliver all the fresh quality pre-portioned ingredients and easy to follow recipes to your door. No planning, no shopping and no waste. Our flexible rolling weekly subscription has no minimum term and means you can amend, pause or cancel your deliveries up to the Tuesday of the week before your delivery is due - perfect if you’ve got extra guests or you’re off on holiday.
Our weekly menu, developed by our chefs, is packed with variety and now includes 16 new exciting recipes every week to suit your lifestyle. From family-friendly classics, world cuisine and premium dishes, to rapid 10 and 20 minute recipes, there’s always something new to discover.
Reporting to the UK CEO and interfacing with the Group CFO, this is an exciting opportunity for a high calibre, senior finance professional to lead the UK Finance and Legal function. You will have the scope to deliver commercial and strategic leadership for HelloFresh UK, as we continue to grow our market leading business.
This role sits on the UK Management Board and UK Senior Management Team, which delivers management governance of the UK entity.
We are seeking a candidate who brings demonstrable experience in accounting, controlling, business modelling and strategic decision support The candidate must be able to work effectively across functional business teams, and act as the local interface to the group finance and control function. This means providing the advice needed to achieve key results and the overall Company vision. In addition, you will lead and develop a high performing finance & legal function, and enjoy rolling up your sleeves in a fast paced, highly commercial environment.
- Team collaboratively as a trusted partner of the UK CEO and UK Management Board inputting on strategy discussions, people topics, decision support, and anticipating issues
- Act as a leadership role model in the organisation through your embodiment of the HelloFresh core values
- Play an activist Finance Director role by leading cross functional cost programmes as well as challenging on growth targets
- Ensure the UK entity has well-constructed business plans, budgets and financial forecasts
- Ensure timely and accurate financial and management reporting
- Lead and own weekly UK trade meetings where financial performance and KPIs are reviewed
- Deliver an accurate understanding of financial & business performance consistent with International Financial Reporting Standards
- Ensure a robust risk and internal control environment
- Ensure that Company financial processes are robust, compliant and fit for current and future growth requirements
- Ensure strong and robust business cases for significant UK capex investments
- Own and drive relevant supporting processes e.g. financial analysis on strategic or operational plans
- Ensure that the regulatory requirements of all statutory bodies are met
- Support on ad hoc key projects or help solve ad hoc issues that arise
- Lead and develop a team of 15+ across accounting, controlling, FP&A, payments and Legal
- Be an active contributor to the work of the Global Finance team
- You are ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified with extensive relevant PQE
- You have previous experience as a senior finance leader or ideally as a Finance Director
- You have experience in financial control/audit and subsequent experience at corporate (preferably within an expanding company)
- You have a strong commercial and strategic sense to identify the most important KPIs for your organisation and enough gravitas to rally everyone behind constantly improving those
- You are highly driven to perform and have proven analytical capabilities
- You have experience building accurate financial models and forecasts to support day-to-day business
- You are adept at using financial reporting and consolidation tools, with an articulate understanding of how finance fits within the BI and data landscape
- You can demonstrate ability to engage and influence key stakeholders; ideally with experience on a senior leadership team
- Previous retail or ecommerce experience is a nice to have
- Competitive salary and equity remuneration package
- 70% discount on HelloFresh boxes from day 1
- Free local gym access or private health care
- Pension scheme contribution
- Free breakfast, hot and cold drinks everyday
- Access to HelloFresh’s vibrant social and wellbeing perks
Start date: April 2021
Location: The HelloFresh Farm, 60 Worship Street, EC2A 2EZ, London
Recruitment process: you will first have a phone interview with our Talent Acquisition team: you will cover your main experience and will be asked some culture-fit questions. Should you be successful, you will interview with two senior UK finance leaders. The last stage of this process will be to interview with our UK CEO and the Group CFO.