Receive New Job Alerts
At HelloFresh we make it easy for you to cook delicious dinners from scratch every time. You choose your favourite dishes from our weekly menu and we’ll deliver all the fresh quality pre-portioned ingredients and easy to follow recipes to your door. No planning, no shopping and no waste. Our flexible rolling weekly subscription has no minimum term and means you can amend, pause or cancel your deliveries up to the Tuesday of the week before your delivery is due - perfect if you’ve got extra guests or you’re off on holiday.
Our weekly menu, developed by our chefs, is packed with variety and now includes 16 new exciting recipes every week to suit your lifestyle. From family-friendly classics, world cuisine and premium dishes, to rapid 10 and 20 minute recipes, there’s always something new to discover.
HelloFresh UK is on the hunt for a copywriter who has experience writing for food brands. This person needs to have an expert understanding on how to leverage copy to build brand credibility and authenticity amongst our target audience. This person will know the customer inside out, and will immediately become a crucial part of the marketing team. This role sits within the brand team reporting to the HelloFresh UK Brand Manager and working closely with the Social, Performance marketing teams, Direct Mail, PR and creative design teams.
Working closely with the local brand team you’re overall responsibilities will include:
- Help to shape and set the brand voice for the UK by following best global practices and tone of voice guidelines
- Plan, develop and write impactful and engaging copy across multiple touchpoints (including website landing pages,, emails, blog posts and paid advertising) that is in line with our brand marketing strategy and wider business goals, including the creation of highly engaging content for our customers, including performance, CRM, product and customer content to achieve business goals
- Work closely with the Product Marketing team to align on the key messages and benefits we want to communicate through our copy across multiple performance channels.
- Work in tandem with our design team to create marketing assets for online and offline channels
- Be the ‘in-house expert’ for copywriting, challenging the channel owners to champion our distinct Tone of Voice
- Excellent proofreading skills to make sure there are zero typos or grammatical errors in all our communications
- Ability to own and project manage incoming copywriting briefs and stakeholder expectations on what is required from each brief.
- Own the HelloFresh blog strategy and write blog content relating to our quarterly brand themes and seasonal partnerships e.g. Franks RedHot Sauce
What you will be doing:
- Craft and develop copy for every touchpoint including our website, app, emails, ad campaigns, in box assets, CRM, and more
- Manage the copy request pipeline for key customer communication including instructional parts of hellofresh.co.uk and the app, as well as flyers within our HelloFresh boxes
- Approach copy briefs with unique and brand led ideas that bring simplicity to sometimes complex messaging challenges
- Work closely with local and global growth channel owners to develop tailored copy that meets growth target objectives and aligns with our brand positioning.
- Work alongside our global copywriting team to create impactful and results driven copy for CRM channels
- Work with the UK Brand Manager to develop creative and strategic copy that brings brand campaigns to life and educates customers on our offering
- Build out storyboards and presentations where needed to effectively communicate concepts and design ideas
- Assist our social media team to write captions for our social channels, tailoring language and tone for each channel
- Work closely with the Local and Global brand teams to ensure brand alignment on campaign strategy and execution
- Minimum 3 - 4 years experience in a similar role in a multichannel marketing environment.
- A portfolio of work, showing a range of copywriting skills that includes experience in Direct Mail, SEA, SEO, Out of Home, Direct push notifications, emails, website, app, blogs and social media
- Someone who understands how to leverage customer insight as a springboard for creativity to unlock brand campaigns and messaging
- Experience with working to tone of voice guidelines and ability to localise guidelines to the UK market
- A talent for getting to the heart of complex subjects and explaining them simply through creative and impactful copywriting
- Experience in proofreading copy and editing with very good attention to detail.
- Flexibility, enthusiasm and the ability to cope well under pressure, to work collaboratively, and the confidence to work alone
- Manage copywriting projects from start to finish, while communicating clearly and regularly with stakeholders
- 70% discount on our HelloFresh's boxes!
- A generous pension scheme contribution
- Employee Assistance Programme & Headspace subscription to support your mental health
- Private Health Insurance
- Gym Membership
- Group Life Insurance
- Cycle To Work Scheme
- A premium Borrow My Doggy account (for all your cute puppy needs!)
- Personal learning budget for your professional growth
- Lots of virtual workshops, talks and events for you to enjoy!
Start date: October 2021
Location: The HelloFresh Farm, 60 Worship Street, EC2A 2EZ, London
Recruitment process: First, you will have a phone interview with a member of our Talent Acquisition team. Should you be successful, you’ll have a competency interview with the UK Brand Manager, and another member of the UK Brand Team and a cultural-fit chat with other 2 members of the wider UK Brand Team.