Receive New Job Alerts
Founded in 2010 by Rich Pierson and Andy Puddicombe, Headspace was created with one mission: to improve the health and happiness of the world. And with more than 30 million users in over 190 countries, we’re well on our way. Headspace offers hundreds of guided meditations and exercises on everything from stress to sleep and is consistently among the top-ranked Health & Fitness apps on iTunes and the Google Play Store.
As Headspace continues to expand beyond our core business of guided meditation, we are producing different kinds of content in an effort to meaningfully connect with more audiences and improve the health and happiness of the world. As we expand to become a truly global brand, it’s important that we maintain the level of excellence in content for which we are famous. The role of the Content Director will lead the content creation process in multiple countries beyond the English-speaking world.
The ideal candidate is an expert in creating world-class digital content. This person will be highly collaborative, detail-oriented and a strong communicator, working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to maximize efforts and with our Head of Content on strategic vision, budget tracking and resource allocation. To be successful, this Content Director should be comfortable in ambiguity, enjoy problem solving, have a POV and a clear creative vision.
We’re in search of someone who is bilingual in English and German. Having strong language skills in French, Spanish and/or Portuguese would be a plus. An in-depth understanding of multiple International cultures especially Germany, France, Spain and Australia is crucial.
Externally, this position is equivalent to a Creative Director.
- Working with artists, musicians, and voice over talent you will curate, program, and commission content for our international products, including meditation teachers, sleepcasts and more.
- You will work closely with our international marketing team to make sure that our content is marketed in the way that offers the most leverage within the local culture.
- You’ll work with the product to make sure that the content is properly accessible and organized within our app to maximize engagement.
- You’ll partner closely with the data team to work out which of our content is performing best and what its active features are. Then you’ll make more stuff like that.
- You’ll find ways to feature the content in the venues that we own in and outside of the app (Wake Up, social media etc.)
- You’ll partner with the marketing team to make sure that our content is launched successfully and give our international users the best opportunity to find it and use it.
- You’ll secure native speaking talent to work with us in the areas of meditation, sleep and focus.
- You’ll recruit local creatives where necessary to augment your team, offering the best of continuity with the Headspace brand.
- You’ll be able to identify the “active-ingredient” in our existing content, and work out how to frame that in new geos - think, trans-creation, rather than translation.
- 8-10 years of experience working in media/new media.
- 5+ years of experience in production and/or creative direction.
- Bilingual in English and German.
- Strong language skills in French, Spanish and/or Portuguese would be a plus.
- Experience with a range of digital formats and a strong portfolio of creative and innovative work.
- Great communication skills; ability to work cross-functionally and provide direction to internal and external partners.
- Ability to strategize and create world-class content from concept to production.
- Strong network and experience resourcing projects.
- Experience in adapting creative across multiple geographies for world class brands.